RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo111 View Post
remember some can't tell a screw driver from a adjustable wrench so beware.
I'd like to think the guy who transports wood fasteners looks very different from an adjustable wrench... Haha
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #62

Try trailer legs. Easy to use & reliable. I use them with my 42' - 14,000# 5th wheel. Also get some thin walled sockets and be sure you are able to remove your lug nuts. You may want to consider a HD impact driver. Good luck. Safe travels. bg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190903-151056_Video%20Player.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	214135Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190903-151552_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	214136
BG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #63

Labor Day flat

I have read numerous things about the castle rocks and did fine until they didnít. About 2 years old and about 6000 miles on them. Labor Day I-77 N. just south of Parkersburg, WV. Flagged down by a p/u truck that something was wrong. Of course, emergency lane, guard rail , then nothing but open air over the side of the mountain. Tire had blown at 65 mph and completely shredded w/damage to wheel well. No fear, had a trailer-aid plus. Did fine for the bad tire removal, but spare would not fit, not high enough. Luckily, I had a small bottle jack in the truck. Back on the road in 20 mins. My greatest fear was having another flat in the remaining 2 hr. drive home. Goodyearís are on the list for later this week. Very scary during the change. Thought for sure the trailer was coming off the trailer-aid at every passing semis. 1 ft. between the tire and the guard rail. I am alive. 😳
Cardinal5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #64
My First Toy Hauler

Good advice about the high visibility items. I have and use the folding triangles but never considered throwing a hunting orange vest & hat in. Will do! Probably make a side trip to our new local Harbor Freight and pic up some led flashers...
USS Charleston LKA-113 1973-1977 HT-2 "R" Division
Rednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednight View Post
Good advice about the high visibility items. I have and use the folding triangles but never considered throwing a hunting orange vest & hat in. Will do! Probably make a side trip to our new local Harbor Freight and pic up some led flashers...
Grab a head-mounted flashlight while you're there, having both hands free always makes life easier.
On a side note, I've been a fairly regular visitor the my Harbor Freight, but there is an old saying concerning the reliability of their wares:
"Two things I would never buy from Harbor Freight...mountain climbing gear and birth control items."
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire