Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

Bed Slides stick

Hi All,
I have a 2016 HW276. One of the bed slides glides out very easily until about half way out. The rest of the way it seems to bind and is difficult to move into the full out position.

I have checked for any interference in the tracks but the pathways are clear on both sides. It seems to possibly be some sort of alignment problem.
I have tightened all the bolts where that mount the track to the bed (which were very loose) and made sure the pup was level. Does anyone have any suggestions?
4GotSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:33 PM   #2

We have a 2016 HW296 and have some of the same issues that's why I asked about lubricating the slide outs.

tigger68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #3

Hello Tigger 68,
I did try lubricating the slides. I carefully sprayed silicone lube onto a clean rag and wiped the slides. It will slide really easily for about half the distance out. The other side works fine. To me, it appears to start pulling more to one side than the other once it goes past a certain point. The bolts that hold the rails to the bed were all very loose. Which was surprising considering the nuts were the type that don't normally come loose. That's why I was wondering if there were any alignment tricks to try. Please let me know if you come across anything and I will do the same. Thanks for responding.
4GotSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

Use dry lube with PTFE [ Teflon]. Silicone will disappear quickly. Dry lube evaporates and leaves PTFE powder and won't attract dirt. Pulling out1/2 way then coming out crooked sounds like something's caught in the track sticking in? Maybe
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #5

Hello 4gotsomething

Our camper is still in storage but I will be checking all bolt rails asap. That issue happens to us with one bunk too I just can't remember which one right now.

tigger68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, slide