Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #1

Black water holding tank cleaning

Hello everyone,

im new to pop up camping well with a toilet, picked up a 2014 rockwood hw276 which has holding tanks, my question is i hear the black tank is above the floor so i was wondering how or if a Tornado permanent tank rinser can be installed? Don't want to put the trailer up at the dump to use a wand and i've heard the hydro flusheres break. thank you for any help.
Tornado Permanent Tank Rinser
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #2

You are correct, the black tank is above the floor, and directly beneath the toilet and covered by the plastic shower surround. The only solution would be to carefully cut a round hole with a hole saw in the flooring from underneath to expose the tank, and then install the tank sprayer. I myself have not attempted this, but might consider it once I have grown tired of bringing the camper home with a less-than-clean black tank.

Bob
2013 Rockwood HW296
w4drr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #3

we have the Rockwood 296hw and each time we have used it we empty the black tank into our totum just before closing the camper, that way we can flush cleam the black tank before it is closed and we don't have to carry any leftover liquids home with us. We have the 35 gal tote and it does the job for us since the tank only holds 12 gal.
Lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #4

Or just avoid it altogether ��, we do not use the toilet or the shower and I chose not to deal with dumping the black tank. we use the campground facilities. the bathroom makes a great closet btw. In fact after 4 years with our hw277, the plastic wrap is still on the toilet.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, tank, water