Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #1

camper furnace

I have a 2021 Flagstaff HW27KS pop-up camper.
My daughter and new son-in-law took the camper to glacier national Park in Montana for their honeymoon. The furnace is not engaging. According to the text messages I’m getting they know they have propane because the outside grill and the stove is working. Any suggestions on what’s wrong, thanks for your help!!

Jeff Q
QMan 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMan 1963 View Post
I have a 2021 Flagstaff HW27KS pop-up camper.
My daughter and new son-in-law took the camper to glacier national Park in Montana for their honeymoon. The furnace is not engaging. According to the text messages I’m getting they know they have propane because the outside grill and the stove is working. Any suggestions on what’s wrong, thanks for your help!!

Jeff Q
This probably should have been a new thread.... not knowing you or your family I will ask the obvious assuming you also have a rooftop A/C?

They are aware there is a separate thermostat to control the heater and not to try to heat with the rooftop A/C?

Sounds like the gas is on and there shouldn't be separate valves that might be off for the furnace.

Outside of that and assuming the answer is no to the above question without some details like "do they hear the snap from the electric igniter?" when they turn the temp up it will be hard to assist.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #3

Does the furnace turn on at all?

Have they checked the thermostat? Do the 12v lights work? water pump?
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #4

Popups rarely have AC units controlled by the same thermostat at the furnace.

There was an On/Off switch on my popup furnace thermostat as well as a temperature setting.

-- Chuck
Old 07-06-2022, 02:48 PM   #5

On my HW27KS furnace thermostat, there's a small toggle type switch on the top of the thermostat to turn on/off the furnace, besides the temperature switch. I couldn't get mine to work for a while until I realized the switch was there. Could that be it? Here's a link to a pic of the one I have for reference, you can see the on/off switch.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hydro-Fl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 07-06-2022, 06:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campworthy View Post
On my HW27KS furnace thermostat, there's a small toggle type switch on the top of the thermostat to turn on/off the furnace, besides the temperature switch. I couldn't get mine to work for a while until I realized the switch was there. Could that be it? Here's a link to a pic of the one I have for reference, you can see the on/off switch.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hydro-Fl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Interesting, did you replace it? My 2018 HW276 is off at the left hand side and on when moved right to a set temp. There is no secondary switch. Looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sub.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	276038
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #7

Cycle your breakers

I had an issue with mine in West Yellowstone last weekend. I cycled each breaker in the trailer and that finally fixed the issue for me.
Rufus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:20 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Breakers and 120v have nothing to do with the 12v DC furnace. (unless the battery is dead and the CONverter isn't charging the batteries)

Do any 12v items work?
Does the furnace run (blower) but not light or does it not blow air?
Typical pop-up furnaces blow heat/air out the front of the furnace panel.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus6 View Post
I had an issue with mine in West Yellowstone last weekend. I cycled each breaker in the trailer and that finally fixed the issue for me.
Breakers are for 120v AC power. The furnace controls are 12v DC.

Does the furnace try to power on, do they hear the fan?

Is the 12v power good, do lights work?
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote