RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #1

Canvas repair tips and what to use.

We have two spots over our slideout where itís wearing thin and there are a few pinholes. You can only see them when the light shines just right on them. I want to patch them before they turn in to something bigger. How do do this? Whatís the best way to repair the canvas on my TT. Also while on the topic of canvas. What is the best method to continue to maintain its water shedding ability.
Itwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #2

I suppose that it depends on where the pinholes are and what the substrate is. I love the black Gorilla tape, if you have a place that needs to be flexible and you have a metal or plastic hard surface to tape to. THis tape is nearly water-proof ( I had it covering a 1 inch diameter hole left below the water line in my fishing boat when my livewell pump broke on me while fishing in Canada one year... the tape was adhered to the aluminum transom and was underwater for 3 weeks next to the prop on the motor and never came loose ).

If you want to try something else, then maybe some 2" Eternabond tape. Once applied it will stay at least 10 years, and is also flexible.

I use the 303 series of products to keep waterproofing the canvas ( not the vinyl) on my tent ends.

also showing the 303 Vinyl protectant... below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	303 fab guard.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	187730  
Attached Images

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags