Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #21

Remote Control Light option

I had a similar problem in my bathroom. So, I took out the switch, wired the power to the fan directly, switched out the guts of the Fantastic Fan and put in a wireless remote unit and then added this to the light's power... RV LIGHTING WS-01DC Wireless Wall Switch and LED Controller with Lead Wire, 1 Pack. This came with a remote, so you can control the light and fan separately. This was also useful as my DW is vertically challenged and can't reach the light switches on the ceiling. As that was so successful, I also bought a few more of the remote light controllers and added them to the lights on the ceiling, and since you can sync the remotes, my wife can now open the door to the trailer and hit the remote turning on the interior lights in the trailer. I didn't sync the light in the bathroom with the other ones, so that one is controlled separately. I used some velcro to affix the remotes to the wall. I also put one of the remotes on the wall at the other end of the trailer so the main interior lights can be turned on and off at either end. Also, they are now dimmable. While I was at it, I replaced all of the OEM lights with LED (dimmables) fixtures.
jimtrvl917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, light, switch