Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #1

Ceiling lights and fan not working

My family recently bought a 2009 Flagstaff HW pop-up camper. When initially setting up the camper we noticed that everything except for the ceiling lights and fan were working. We were hoping that it was simply the 12V Safety Switch that didn't get released upon set up, but cannot find it anywhere in the camper. Where is it located on this model (since there is no swing-up galley) and what does it look like?

Thanks!
lckat583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #2

In many of the Forest River pop-ups (including A-frames) the switch is located in the driver's side front corner on the lower frame. When the roof is lowered, the plunger disconnects 12V power from the roof mounted lights and fan.

On my A-frame, the switch is hidden behind the curtain that hides the front roof hinge in the corner I mentioned. Here are pics with curtain in place, and curtain removed and switch showing. When I upload some pics, the software rotates them 90 degrees counter clock-wise.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roof safety switch covered.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	139202   Click image for larger version

Name:	roof safety switch.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	139203  
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #3

We had a similar situation on our Rockwood Freedom 1940 and I believe it was a fuse located on the frame below the battery box.
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, light