Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #1

Contract for Rockwood HW276

Ok, the contract was emailed to me, and once I sign it and put $500 down a Rockwood HW276 will be ordered. The good news is that the dealer will be installing two 6 volt golf cart type batteries instead of a Group 27 battery. The bad news (?) is this contract they want me to sign. It indicates that I am ordering a new 2014 Rockwood HW276. As "options" it includes the two 6 volt batteries installed at no charge. BUT, the fine print at the bottom states: "The agreement contains the entire Agreement between the dealer and Buyer and no other representation or inducement, verbal or written, has been made which is not contained in the Agreement." By this agreement I would be limited to an HW276 with the standard features. No AC, no furnace, no refrigerator, etc. (even though the manufacturer always sells the units with "option packages"). Was your contract so simple? I'm thinking that I want all of the items spelled out in the contract, including propane in the tanks! Am I nuts or would you be equally cautious?
JGnColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #2

I would be if I saw that that. Since I did not order my HW 277 but bought it off the lot, I knew what was on it, so I am not a lot of help but it should be easy for the dealer to list those on the contract and if he wants the sale, well - he should be wanting to make you happy.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #3

Everything you want and are paying for should be spelled out in the contract. How hard is it for the dealer to put in the contract '2014 Rockwood HW276 with 'X' package that includes...'. Alot of the packages are mandatory but IMHO they should still be spelled out in the contract.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #4

Thanks, everyone. When it stated that previous verbal and written agreements (ie. emails) no longer apply, and that the contract itself was the binding authority, I emailed the long list of options that were agreed to. I wanted it all spelled out in the contract, referencing the Forest River website that lists all of the options. I'm sure it will work out. If not, then that means that there was a good reason. Thanks for verifying that caution was the best way to go. I wasn't sure if I was making too big of a deal out of it or not.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #5

There is no such thing as too big a deal when it comes to this kind of purchase. "Trust me" ?? yeah right.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #6

I ordered my HW276 also with $500 deposit and the paperwork I signed had all the options in writing. I too was a little skeptical at first. My unit is due to arrive soon and I'm really looking forward to picking it up and checking it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
stryke-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #7

I bought a Flagstaff hw27ks last year and I put in writing all the options I wanted and then the dealer sent me the order to sign, so I knew what I was getting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
dewitt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Incheon, S. Korea

Have them modify the contract.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #9

It's a done deal. I pick it up in 2-3 weeks. Whew. Let's hope that there are no surprises. Thanks, all!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #10

Congrats!!! and many happy camping trips!

Tags
rockwood