Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #1

Cover for high wall

Anyone got any recommendations for a cover for a high wall? We have an HW276. I am hoping for something a little better fitting than just a huge cover and bungee cords. Thanks in advance!
mtaylor42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

ADCO will custom build them for you. I ordered one for my HW256. Fit very well. As with all ADCO covers, they only last about 5 years or so and then need to be replaced.

I plan on just buying a 16' TT cover this time around as they tend to be cheaper if you can just buy them off the shelf. I can deal with it touching the ground.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #3

Vinmaker,

Any word on when your 296 will be delivered?
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #4

Hi Tactical. Not really. I got the standard 6-8 weeks from the dealer but it is really beyond their control. The factory either needs to make one or they need to deliver it from the factory to the dealer. I am hearing on this and other forums that there seems to be a shortage of drivers to deliver these units from Indiana to the dealers. Not sure how this will affect me either.

I just want it before all the campgrounds in New England close for the season. - Columbus Day. Not really keen on wasting half a year of warranty with the camper in winter storage.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor42 View Post
Anyone got any recommendations for a cover for a high wall? We have an HW276. I am hoping for something a little better fitting than just a huge cover and bungee cords. Thanks in advance!
Here's what I got for my 296

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-67356.html

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Hi Tactical. Not really. I got the standard 6-8 weeks from the dealer but it is really beyond their control. The factory either needs to make one or they need to deliver it from the factory to the dealer. I am hearing on this and other forums that there seems to be a shortage of drivers to deliver these units from Indiana to the dealers. Not sure how this will affect me either.

I just want it before all the campgrounds in New England close for the season. - Columbus Day. Not really keen on wasting half a year of warranty with the camper in winter storage.

Vin.

We live in NJ. We were just out in Indiana. Lots of job openings for camper delivery drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
macshane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover