Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2022, 09:50 PM   #1
Wanderer

Cover reccomendation

Hey All!
We have a 2021 Flagstaff Mac 206LTD and we are trying to find a good cover for storing it. I have looked at a number of them online but I haven’t found one that stands out as being THE one.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
PhotoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #2

there is many online good rv covers online. Ive been always using covers cause of the sun. I recommend getting one with a thick top layer and straps that secure the cover on the RV. good luck
avitpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #3

I have had very good luck with Classic Covers, I am on my third one (3rd different RV), where we are we get a lot of snow in the winter thus the model I chose performs well in those conditions, and the underbelly straps keep the cover in place during the winter storm high winds we also get.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Acces.../dp/B008FITHS0
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:00 PM   #4

Covers

I do not recommend a fabric cover. Many have discovered they chaff the surface of the RV.

A metal free-standing carport is preferred. Plus it will last for years and years whereas a fabric cover has a life of 2 to 5 years, depending on the environment.

The fabric cover is a real pain to put on and keep on in windy conditions. Some do allow for the covers to breathe while others may trap moisture under the cover.

One investment, do it right the first time.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitpopo View Post
there is many online good rv covers online. Ive been always using covers cause of the sun. I recommend getting one with a thick top layer and straps that secure the cover on the RV. good luck
i would recommend tyvek top layer or at least 160g polypropylene. the top layer is the most important because its the top that getting the most uv rays.
avitpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:53 PM   #6

It also depends greatly on where you live.

For example; In southern Arizona, humidity, snow, and rain are not an issue, but heat and UV are. Different problem, different solution.

I bought a 12' x 20' silver 20 mil thick tarp, and ran cargo straps under the trailer to keep it in place when the dust storms blow in.

"Winter in Phoenix falls on a Tuesday this year..."
Tombstone1881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover