Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #41

I bought a Shademaker premium with carport/patio option. Love it.
cabranch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #42

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Had a 2000 pup with a trimline awning. Fathersday weekend we were camping in a hurricane (tropical storm by the time it hit New England). We dipped the pole and went to a safer place. When we got back, the awning was shredded and over the camper. No other damage to the camper (but a portable canopy also fell victim to the torrential rain). For the cost of replacement, it wasn't worth going through ins. Bought a trimline replacement. In '05 I let a inlaw use it. I brought it to the cg and set it up. I told him the only thing to watch out for was rain. Showed him how to dip the side whenever they left the cg. I went back to the cg to pick it up. Found the front bar folded to the ground in the center. I asked them why they didn't dip the awning. He said it didn't rain that bad. You can buy just the aluminum pieces and just slide the old canvas right in.
I would look into OC'S awning poles you can still offset it and I have been in pounding rain and 35 kts of wind and had no problem for 200.00 they are worth every penny. I know he has 9 sets left and that will be it. Something to thing about, everyone on the forum will give you a thumbs up on the design which are self storing and one take a couple of minutes to deploy or take down.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabranch47 View Post
I bought a Shademaker premium with carport/patio option. Love it.
Exactly. I've seen the Shademaker before and that's what I will get when I can. Although I'd really prefer a Dometic Cabana Awning. Just can't afford it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Thanks vin. The DW and I talked when this one needs to be replaced we are looking at the carefree. Do you know how the side poles ext? This one you have to turn and spread then turn to lock. Its hard from me to help her.
Hi Kinma,

The slide poles on the Carefree units use a locking lever. You simply open the lever and extend the pole to the length you want then lock the lever back down. Very easy.

If my domestic one breaks. I am definitely buying the largest Carefree one I can buy.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I would look into OC'S awning poles you can still offset it and I have been in pounding rain and 35 kts of wind and had no problem for 200.00 they are worth every penny. I know he has 9 sets left and that will be it. Something to thing about, everyone on the forum will give you a thumbs up on the design which are self storing and one take a couple of minutes to deploy or take down.
Don't think they are talking about electric awnings.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #46

I would love an electric awning or a crank style but I have a pup and the only awning I found that might work is 1000.00 and no one I've talked to can say if it will hurt a pup roof.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #47

We got our new Carefree of Colorado unit this weekend. Because we are changing brands, I no longer need the old one, and I have a nice shipping tube to move the old one.

So, here is the deal - Check the damage in the pictures in the op. The main rail is bent and cracked, so its shot. The awning itself isn't in bad shape, minus a small tear from the door when it failed. The poles are all in good shape, and have all the tie-downs, ect.

If you want it, its yours. You pay shipping, or come pick it up. I have not installed the new one yet (in storage) so I don't have the black plastic hardware mounted on the camper that goes with it, but that will get changed when we install the new one.

Let me know!
cousin_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic