Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #21

Like I said, this wood is exposed along the entire bottom of the camper. So I suspect that yes it gets wet if driven in the rain. I don't understand why this small hole would be affected. Are you thinking that the hole might swell closed or otherwise crimp the hose significantly and permanently?
khackbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #22

No i was thinking of the entire floor, not just where you drilled the hole. I’ve heard others comment that the wood is sealed but I’m not completely sold on that.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #23

As far as your mod goes, I think it is perfect and will work fine for your need.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #24

Black tank sensors behind the little panel and a nice place for a "Tornado" flush valve install. Verify what's below and drill through floor for the incoming hose. Pipe it over to the side close to Black dump valve. It is where you flush hose attaches. I have a HW27. THE BLACK TANK empties out bottom of tank so pushing a water flush back through the dump valve wont work.
Tornado has all the stuff included to do the install. The hose attachment fitting is anti-siphon anti backflow so health concerns taken care of. No black water can get back into water systems or leak out the flush fitting.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Black tank sensors behind the little panel and a nice place for a "Tornado" flush valve install. Verify what's below and drill through floor for the incoming hose. Pipe it over to the side close to Black dump valve. It is where you flush hose attaches. I have a HW27. THE BLACK TANK empties out bottom of tank so pushing a water flush back through the dump valve wont work.
Tornado has all the stuff included to do the install. The hose attachment fitting is anti-siphon anti backflow so health concerns taken care of. No black water can get back into water systems or leak out the flush fitting.
Yep, that's exactly what I did. Check out my post here:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1836236
khackbarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank