Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #1

Easy reach storage trunk condensation

We have a 425D with the Easy reach storage trunk in front. When the camper is not being used, a lot of condensation collects and runs into the plastic bin. We have been using the camper this summer so it is parked in our driveway right now.

Is there any solution for this? The inside of the compartment gets wet and the wood gets mold on it. I think that the water eventually makes its way to the floor inside the actual camper.

ideas?

Thanks
Linda brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda brown View Post
We have a 425D with the Easy reach storage trunk in front. When the camper is not being used, a lot of condensation collects and runs into the plastic bin. We have been using the camper this summer so it is parked in our driveway right now.

Is there any solution for this? The inside of the compartment gets wet and the wood gets mold on it. I think that the water eventually makes its way to the floor inside the actual camper.

ideas?

Thanks
Have no idea what kind of RV a 425D is. Can you post year and brand. It's not listed in your profile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 03:34 PM   #3

2014 Flagstaff Tent Camper 425D
Linda brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #4

https://damprid.com/
I keep two of the buckets in the popup between trips
rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #5

Is it condensation on the outside leaking in, or condensation on the inside of the storage area?

If the condensation starts on the inside, you need to vent the compartment - and in such a way rain doesn't get in.

But I have to question why condensation would be happening to such a degree in a storage compartment. There has to be a source of moisture in the air, and no way for the air to move, such that the compartment walls or lid can get colder than the air inside.

Are you covering the camper, including the storage compartment? That would prevent the air moving and cause condensation.

If the water - condensation or otherwise - is leaking into the compartment, the seals may not be working properly. My Coleman Westlake pop-up had that issue with the front storage cover. I had to install rubber gasket material around the opening to stop water coming off the roof from getting into the front storage trunk. There was no real lip around the opening, so I made one from 3/8" round rubber gasket glued in place.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame (stored in the garage)
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent sites one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage