RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #21
Senior Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
I have a Flojet Rv Waste pump that pumps into a 35 gallon tote in the back of my dually. FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit - Xylem 18555000A - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World
Same here and it is the way to go.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
SO what we have done in state parks is to use a small bucket-ish container in our sink to collect grey water - we would then transfer this to the Black tank via toilet. It's not perfect but it helps off load some of the dish cleaning grey water.
The OP has a "Cassette Toilet" your method will Not help them! Youroo!!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabranch47 View Post
Hi,
I have a 12 gal. grey water tank on my HW27SC and wish to increase my usage. Has anyone used some type of pump to transfer the grey water to another type of tank in their pickup bed?
Thanks for any input.
With a 12 Gal gray tank,is the Discharge a small garden hose fitting? Youroo!!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #24
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The OP has a "Cassette Toilet" your method will Not help them! Youroo!!
Yeah I guess that blows that idea out of the water... When I had my PUP I had not tank, only the cassette toilet. I had the water grain into a 5 gallon jug then either dumped into the clean out or into the bathhouse when dumping the cassette toilet. Of course this will be controversial.. But when I had nothing I had a filter set up on the neck of the jug and let the heavy stuff go to the bottom of the jug and the cleanish water would overflow through the filter to keep the bad stuff in the jug. Worked well for me.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinAZ16 View Post
Rhino,
Do you have any issues with the wheels? I have heard of some problems with the front wheels, but was not sure which brand.
The wheels on my Barker 4-wheeler broke the first time I used it. I went to Tractor Supply Co. and bought 2 solid steel wheels with airless rubber tires, 4" diameter. Bought a 1/2" steel rod and 2 of the rigs with set screws that you can use to hold the wheels in place- can't remember what they're called now. No problems in the 4 years since.
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #26

No cassette toilet, I have a 12 gal. black water tank also (too small to us for extra grey water. The grey water drain is plumbed into the discharge line along with the black water. I am interested in pumping the grey water into another container in the pickup bed. I looked in the flojet but don't want to spend more that $100 on a pump. I think that I diaphramn pump would work better than one with an impeller type in order to pass small particles from the grey water tank. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
cabranch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:56 PM   #27

Thanks Doc73 and dustman. Good to know.

Doc, since you have both brands, any preference?
2016 Days Camped: 14, Miles Traveled: 3126
JCinAZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #28
Who Dares, Wins

Barker was good quality but very basic, no frills. It worked well. The only reason I am getting rid of it is because I got a larger version from Thetford. This is what CW had in stock and I was in a bind. Otherwise I would have done the Barker. The Thetford keeps everything inside (the short dump hose and connectors) where as the Barker needed to keep it separate, BUT it comes at a cost.. At least at the time when I bought the Barker the Thetfords were 50 to 100 more for the similar sizes.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:06 AM   #29

How well does the Flowjet empty out the blackwater tank? I have always read that you should have a large, fast flow to ensure the solids are removed. Pumping through a 3/4 inch hose sounds like the solids would just settle onto the bottom of the blackwater tank.
Baldicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
How well does the Flowjet empty out the blackwater tank? I have always read that you should have a large, fast flow to ensure the solids are removed. Pumping through a 3/4 inch hose sounds like the solids would just settle onto the bottom of the blackwater tank.
With this Bad Boy and plenty of water you can put out small Forest Fires also! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4162.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	103422  
Old 03-31-2016, 06:40 AM   #31

Looks like a garbage disposal?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 AM   #32
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I use the Thetford tote and never had issues with wheels as mine where solid. Bought it years ago when things where built to last. Ya just don't drive 30mph to dump station with it hooked to truck. slow and easy. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I use the Thetford tote and never had issues with wheels as mine where solid. Bought it years ago when things where built to last. Ya just don't drive 30mph to dump station with it hooked to truck. slow and easy. Later RJD

My Barker broke as I was speeding along at 2 or 3 mph. 😄 I was actually just getting rolling, but I was on old unlevel asphalt with some gravel scattered around. Caught a rock just right and the plastic wheel busted.
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #34
Senior Senior Member

Quote:
I have a clear elbow in front of the pump and from what I see, the "solids" come right out. I only use the pump at campgrounds not having a full hookup.

Also, I make sure to give my black tank a good flush out at the next full hookup location.

We also use the campground facilities as much as is practical when we don't have a sewer hookup.

BTW, My brother has a two year old 40' fiver that has never had a "solid" in the black tank .... That's too much for me, but it's his outfit.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #35
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Looks like a garbage disposal?
My thought exactly.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #36

Thanks raytwntrvlr, sounds like you like your system. I had wondered about using the Flojet pumping into a larger tank in the bed of my truck, but so far have not seen anyone at a campground using that. Do you have the Flojet pump, or something else? What do you use in your truck bed?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #37
Senior Senior Member

Hi Baldicon,

I am very pleased with my setup. I have a Barker two wheel 26 gallon tank in the truck. Mostly it just sits on the tailgate as I pump into it. I went the cheap route on the tank since I knew it would never be used as a "tote". Also I didn't want the tank so large that it would be too much weight to tip up.

I have both a 25 and 50 foot 3/4 inch rubber hose that I could hook together if I needed to. I shopped around to be sure the fittings were also 3/4 inch. Many so called 3/4 inch hoses have 5/8 inch fittings. Obviously this hose is dedicated to this use only.

A nice feature of the pump is that there's a water inlet that will flush out the pump and hose when finished. It will actually suck from a pail if you don't have a water hookup.

I had to make up a set of ten gauge 25 foot extensions for the wiring. I decided against a hard wired solution and just use alligator clips.

With the pump setup, I can even run the hose into the basement toilet if I need to empty the tank while in my driveway.

I have used the same setup with two trailers now and it has worked just as I hoped. A nice, clean, no spill solution when you don't have a sewer hookup.

BTW.... Yes, it is a Flojet

Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
With this Bad Boy and plenty of water you can put out small Forest Fires also! Youroo!!
Looks like a "Super HD Macerator Pump" Hooks right to the Sewer RV outlet and discharges into a 5/8 garden Hose,pump Up hill over several Campsites to the nearest Sewer Dump! A used Disposal can be adapted for under 20.00$ Youroo!! Very nice for Site's that have just "W & E" and sewer dumps within 150-200' away!
Old 04-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #39

Above Post!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4163.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	103554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4162.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	103555  
Old 04-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #40

Thanks again raytwntrvlr, I'll definitely look into this option. Getting too old to drag the Barker (same as yours) around.

Tags
grey water, water