Old 07-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Question Extra Fuses for a 2021 FR Rockwood Freedom 2716F

First time trailer owner. I want to get a small container of extra fuses for the new trailer, but it is all closed up and covered. Does anyone know what type of fuses to buy?

Also, the walk-through at the dealer was more of a run-through. I don't know what type of chemicals go in the toilet. Pretty disappointing that the 'manual' in the phone app is very general and does not contain any trailer-specific info.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting out of the house.
DaveAndCamCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:22 PM   #2

Not sure what all different fuses you may have, but for toilet ? Everybody has their own preference. Some like the stuff you mix, some like the tablets, the concentrates. I used the Thetford (hope I spelled that right) little bottles of Blue Stuff. Dumped a bottle into toilet and one down sink for gray tank, added about a gallon of water and we were good to go.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Well... you simply couldn't go wrong with an assortment like this one for $10.

You unit 'may' have a couple additional larger "Maxi-Fuses" in the converter for battery protection so you might want to check that out as well.

Every R/V is a bit different so it's not a one size fits all situation.

Car Fuses 100pcs Assorted Standard Blade Fuse Set 2A 3A 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A 35A, OUHL Auto Truck Car Fuses Kit Boat SUV Automotive Replacement Fuse, Puller Included

Many R/Vs also have resettable 12v circuit breakers like these...
Reset by pushing black button on side. (some are not resettable though)

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=88
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #4

I have a 2018 Flagstaff HW27KS (Flagstaff is the sister brand to Rockwood) I use this toilet chemical, I use 1 pouch per camp trip and drop it in the dirty holding tank (not the clean tank)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Walex-TOI...-Pack/16783721

As far as fuses, my Flagstaff has the blade kind. I think there might be different sizes tho. If you need me to I can go pull one, measure and post a pic, just let me know
Old 07-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campworthy View Post
I have a 2018 Flagstaff HW27KS (Flagstaff is the sister brand to Rockwood) I use this toilet chemical, I use 1 pouch per camp trip and drop it in the dirty holding tank (not the clean tank)

As far as fuses, my Flagstaff has the blade kind. I think there might be different sizes tho. If you need me to I can go pull one, measure and post a pic, just let me know
We just started using these as well. We've used the AquaKem in the past, which we really like, but for the same price you only get 6 "fills" (three bottles, half a bottle used after each black tank clean out). With the Porta Pak there's 10, just hoping it'll work as well as the AquaKem.
SomeName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campworthy View Post

Thanks! Well give it a try. I think I am good to go with blade fuses.
DaveAndCamCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:22 PM   #7

I ordered an assortment from Amazon but had to get one size that didn't come in the package. One thing I did when we got our trailer was to go around and photograph with my phone everything - all stickers, electric panelboard, and anything with labels or model numbers. I have referred to those pictures many times since. Might be helpful next time to have and see fuse sizes. In my case, when at home, I can't open the slide and my panel is located where it can only be seen and accessed with the slide out.
On another note, when we purchased our trailer, I asked to have some extra fuses thrown in. The salesman gave me a bag with a few of the blade type fuses of different amperage. Three years later when I blew the one on the front jack, I discovered no 30 amp fuses were included and also, all the ones he had given me were the mini blade type and none of the "standard" size fuses.
'15 (6) : '16 (32) : '17 (41) : '18 (35) : '19 (38) : '20 (15) :
Sebourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAndCamCamping View Post
First time trailer owner. I want to get a small container of extra fuses for the new trailer, but it is all closed up and covered. Does anyone know what type of fuses to buy?

Also, the walk-through at the dealer was more of a run-through. I don't know what type of chemicals go in the toilet. Pretty disappointing that the 'manual' in the phone app is very general and does not contain any trailer-specific info.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting out of the house.
The converter cover just pushes to open and pushes to close. You can see all of the fuses right there.

As far as the toilet, you get an individual manual for each appliance or section of the camper. The general manual covers nothing but the camper body and it's plumbing. Everything else has an individual manual that should had been inside the camper when you bought it. All the individual manuals come in a brown zipper bag along with the tools for the power roof lift.

The general manual can be downloaded and saved as a PDF. Forest River does not include their general manual in the manual bag, which is stupid. So I downloaded the PDF and printed it and stuck it in with the rest of the manuals.

Find you thetford toilet manual online by looking up the model number. I have used Thetford and Camco black waste tank deodorizers that stop the order and help break down the waste. The natural ones are better for septic systems.
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:16 PM   #9

Other breakers that look like that, but that don't have a reset button, are often the type that reset themselves automatically when the overload condition resolves. The ones at the front corner of the trailer near the junction box that are not manual supply the slide, the tongue jack, or the electric stabilizers (if you have them). Those will reset automatically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Many R/Vs also have resettable 12v circuit breakers like these... Reset by pushing black button on side. (some are not resettable though)
Old 08-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebourn View Post
... One thing I did when we got our trailer was to go around and photograph with my phone everything - all stickers, electric panelboard, and anything with labels or model numbers. I have referred to those pictures many times since. ...
Definitely do that for stickers and labels on the outside of the trailer. They fade in the sun pretty quickly and become illegible.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAndCamCamping View Post
... I don't know what type of chemicals go in the toilet. ...
You don't need chemicals. It's a holding tank, not a septic tank. All it does is hold stuff until you get to a place where you can dump it. That said, some additives will help mitigate the smell (we really never have any) and make draining easier.

Don't spend a lot of money on fancy brand-name chemicals. Check out the Geo Method. It's simple and cheap, being just water softener (NOT fabric softener), laundry detergent and chlorine bleach. The point is to keep the walls of the tank slick so everything drains out and doesn't stick to the sides. The chlorine kills bacteria that contribute to the smell. The method originated before concentrated liquid detergents existed. We use those now instead of powder. Get the cheapest stuff you can find.

There are MANY sources of information about dumping tanks.

Tags
freedom, fuse, rockwood