RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Finally made a deal

Thanks everyone for your help, I was able to make a better deal on a 2019 Rockwood Premier 2716G, than on the Freedom 2318G. The 2716G just came in to the dealer this week and the 2318G would have to be ordered. Since he had the 2716G on the lot, he was able to make me a better deal.

I was able to get it for about $1300 more than the 2318G. That difference would had even been less since I was thinking of adding more bunk fan lights, hanger bracket, and maybe even another hanging pantry. The kicker is the additional outdoor refrigerator that adds to the inside refrigerator.

Here's some actual pics of the camper. Dealer was taking them for the website before I came and bought it.
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #2

Congrats on your 2019 Rockwood Premier 2716G.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #3

Congrats on the new camper. Enjoy it, now get out there and see the world.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
DRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #4

Awesome! We love our 2716G. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see the new color and design. I prefer yours. IMO your model is the best layout.
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #5

Thanks everyone. Should be picking it up Friday. As far as Floorplan, this is my favorite overall all of Pop Ups, even the High Walls. Just hoping I didn't go to big, and it will fit in the garage of a future home.
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #6

One thing I hope they fixed is the sink drain. I have to use a small bungie cord to lift up the hose or it doesnt drain well.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft 17 View Post
One thing I hope they fixed is the sink drain. I have to use a small bungie cord to lift up the hose or it doesnt drain well.
With these pop ups, they don't have vents for the drains, so you have to have a straight drop into a bucket or something that's open or a vapor lock will occur.

Could this be what your experiencing?

When I had my Starcraft, I made my own exterior vent so that my hose could be looped to my blue tank.

See here
Old 10-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
With these pop ups, they don't have vents for the drains, so you have to have a straight drop into a bucket or something that's open or a vapor lock will occur.

Could this be what your experiencing?

When I had my Starcraft, I made my own exterior vent so that my hose could be looped to my blue tank.

See here
It is not in this situation. The small drain hose has to be long for when it in the transportation position. The problem is when you set it up the dain hose drops below the level of the outlet port. This creates a P trap and the hose is too small to let the water through. The best test is to fill the sink then reach under the sink and lift the hose. It quickly drains when you do this. I have a small bungie that pull up the slack and the sink drains fine.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #9
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft 17 View Post
It is not in this situation. The small drain hose has to be long for when it in the transportation position. The problem is when you set it up the dain hose drops below the level of the outlet port. This creates a P trap and the hose is too small to let the water through. The best test is to fill the sink then reach under the sink and lift the hose. It quickly drains when you do this. I have a small bungie that pull up the slack and the sink drains fine.

We haven't had a pop-up in over 30 years, they sure have com a long way!
Except maybe the kitchen sink drain/cabinet assembly.

On our old Bonaire they plumbed ABS pipe from a 4" wide plywood cross member flush at the top of the base cabinet down through the floor to the drain point, the sink had a short pipe extension on the POL (drain part) which slipped into the ABS pipe when you flipped up the kitchen unit. Simple and worked.

Enjoy your new RV!
Post photos and comments on your maiden trip.

Geoff

2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.
2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS

wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #10

Thanks everyone, I'll definitely post some trip pics when I take it out. Hopefully next weekend!

I left my trade at the dealer since we made the deal. I just have to come back for the PDI and the final payment.

Since I left the old camper there, not really thinking things would go so well, I had the travel trailer completely loaded with stuff. It took me 2 hours to get it all out and I didn't have one square inch of room for any more in my truck bed (with folding tonneau cover on) or in the truck cab. I had the rear seats up and packed to the ceiling and had the front passenger seat packed.

I honestly didn't realize I had so much in there, and was honestly using it as a storage shed since most of it hasn't even been moved in 3 or 4 years. I really had become a pack rat with all the storage that the travel trailer had. The wife and I have gone through most of it all and have gotten rid of a lot.

Now I have to go through all the stuff in the truck bed yet, which is all the outdoor stuff, chairs, tables, chocks, hoses, cords and the such. I have a just a little bit more than I need for the Pop Up.

BTW, here's the pics of the dearly departed 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:04 AM   #11

Well got my camper today, the large 2716G.

It pulled like nothing was behind the truck. With my 2016 F150 Screw 4WD, a 2" drop ball mount worked best. Man how easy, no hooking up a WDH, then lugging the 80 lbs hitch to my shed.

I did forget how sensitive a one axle trailer is compared to a dual axle. While very easy to get in my driveway compared to the 29' TT, it wanted to dart to the side when backing it. I just have to go slower and turn the wheel less.

Got it all setup, and was a pain for sure on my first time. I think I did everything wrong even after going through a lengthy setup instruction on the PDI. Just forgot the order of things to do when setting up that made it hard.

After all is said and done, I do have a couple of issues. I did find some paint scraped off the ceiling where the door hangs. No biggy, I just have my dealer get some factory touch up paint, and the same for the black door.

What did concern me is that my Safety posts would not fit on the rear posts. After investigating, I found that the rear is about 1 1/2" to low on both sides compared to the front. That's why the safety posts wouldn't fit.

Trailer setup fine, the only issues is those posts not fitting. After doing research, I see there's a bolt and nut coming through the center of the rear cross section of the frame. This nut is an adjustment to the cable pulley. Adjusting the nut so that the pulley goes forward will make the front of the roof taller, and adjusting nut so that the pulley goes back, will make the rear of the roof taller.

So looks like I just have to adjust that nut that's on the outside of the frame member after loosening the inside locknut. I'll confirm with the dealer tomorrow. Fixing this myself is much easier than driving 1 1/2 hour back to the dealer through some of the worst traffic I've ever seen.

It's a change going back to a pop up, but I just have to get a plan together when setting up.

What I don't like is there is no outside fuses at the battery box, for the 12 Volts going to the camper converter or a fuse for the Power Lift. I don't like that the power lift is powered all the time.

So looks like I'll just be disconnecting the battery cables until I add additional fuses or put a disconnect switch on these lines.

My TTs had the fuses at the battery along with another at the converter, not sure why they didn't fuse this at the factory.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #12

Hi, I'm new to this forum. On Nov. 4, 2018 we bought our first pop-up. I think the same one as you. We went out for the first time 12/14 and we had the same trouble as you with the drain hose. I joined the forum to find out about the door. We hare having trouble with the door when we set up. It is a fight to get it to clip in. We bought a Rockwood tent camper 2019 model 2716G, Premier. Do you have any suggestions? The you tube video makes it look so easy. I wonder if it's us or if the door is an issue?
tcthoresen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcthoresen View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum. On Nov. 4, 2018 we bought our first pop-up. I think the same one as you. We went out for the first time 12/14 and we had the same trouble as you with the drain hose. I joined the forum to find out about the door. We hare having trouble with the door when we set up. It is a fight to get it to clip in. We bought a Rockwood tent camper 2019 model 2716G, Premier. Do you have any suggestions? The you tube video makes it look so easy. I wonder if it's us or if the door is an issue?
I left a response to your post on that thread. I haven't used my camper as it's winter here in Northwest Indiana. I have had a ton of problems, serious problems with the camper. It's getting evaluated right now, and hopefully repaired or replaced. But I'll comment more after I get it back, they are standing behind their product so I'm happy about that.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcthoresen View Post

Here are a couple things to check:

1. Be sure to level your pop-up side to side /back to front, if not, the door will not fit into place correctly or youíll find yourself trying to force the situation.

2. If your roof tension line is tight when the roof is up then itís probably a leveling issue, if itís loose, there is an adjustment to increase/decrease the roof inside the winch panel, check your manual, it explains exactly how to adjust the roof.

Good luck and Happy New Year,

AM
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote