RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #21

Those should be warranty issues. They should fix the problems. Sorry donít know how to help but to bring it back to camping world for repairs.
DanandMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #22

From own personal experience - CW would be my last choice. I'll take that back if CW was the only RV sales around I'd go to Walmart and by a tent or stay home and go fishing, just saying.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPuller View Post
From own personal experience - CW would be my last choice. I'll take that back if CW was the only RV sales around I'd go to Walmart and by a tent or stay home and go fishing, just saying.
Bought my last 3 new 5ers from CW. Great price and great service. Hate to need anything away from home as dealer is only 40 miles away.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #24

Since it was a used 218, it has a 30 day warranty. Picked it up on a Friday and took it camping that night. They told me that the board is covered under that warranty so I am not worried. Will have to wait and see what really happens. If nothing, I guess a Lil Buddy heater is in my future.
fkiehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #25

Then you got another winner from the horrible Camper's World. You would think after all the bad said about them, they would be out of business. I would NEVER EVER no matter what I need, go to them.
Susanmcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #26

I have two obvious questions.

First, why are you fixing the roof leak yourself? This is a new unit and it ought to be under warranty.

Secondly, if you are in an electric site, why not use the electricity to heat your water. Get the dealer to fix your furnace later.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post

First, why are you fixing the roof leak yourself? This is a new unit and it ought to be under warranty.

Secondly, if you are in an electric site, why not use the electricity to heat your water. Get the dealer to fix your furnace later.
Pre owned/Used unit! Youroo!!
Old 11-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post

The OP's first post clearly stated it was a used 2018.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #29

Regarding the water leak on your new unit, a similar thing happened to us on our 2018 Micro Lite 19FBS. I took it back to the dealer who advised that he had a service bulletin from Forest River regarding the roof vent installation by the manufacturer. Apparently the unit was not sealed completely around the screws that held it down and that in heavy rain, it leaked around the screws. The dealer re-sealed it under warranty.
kawac14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:59 AM   #30
ENE

My furnace wasn't pushing the heat out the vents. I found that the round doc hoses all fell off the back of the furnace and the heater was just circulating under my kitchen cabinet area.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #31
ENE

For everyone having problems there's anew company that will be storming the USA. They are called RVFORCE. RVFORCE is a mobile RV service. I know they are in Texas and Florida right now and in Arizona late November. They will come to you and fix your problem on the road or at home. www.rvforce.com
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #32

Did you get it all fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkiehner View Post
Good day everyone. Just got a NTM 2018 Riskwood Freedom 2280and went out last night to a local state park her in Pa. (Of course we had to have a noreaster rain event come thru.) Even with the rain we had a good time but the rain did show us a big issue.
We appear to have a water leak coming in one of the corners of the roof vent. Going to rip the sealant out and put new on this week and will see if that fixes that issue. (Any advice is appreciated.)
The other issue was with the furnace. It lit last night and made too much heat (good thing!). It turned it off with the thermostat and this morning went to fire it up and the flame would not stay lit. Cycled 3 times and then the fan shut off. Checked the sail switch and it appears to be functioning correctly. Repeated this process 4 more times and had the same result.
Any suggestions on this one?
Thanks,
Frank Kiehner
(I called Camping World in Hanover PA where I bought the camper and they were 0 help. I figured that would be the case. They seem to want the sale, but after that.....)
As I read the vent leaking were you able to reseal this or did CW take care of that either under warranty or the recall? Also did you get the new control board put in? Was that the issue? Sounds like your is still some what running but no heat. I had a cirbuit breaker switch on the top of my heater that had shut it down completely because I have covered the vent closest to the heater and it over heated it. Any way just wondering if you got everthing resolved.
pklundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #33

I resealed the vent myself. They have not put the board in yet waiting for it to come in to them. They should call me and then I'll take it down and have them installed board and see if we have it working.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #34

We always use a small electric heater during winter instead of the furnace. Use the rv park electricity and save your propane.
vicetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #35

Still waiting to hear from CW that the control board has come in. No time to go camping now anyway so no problem but they sure aren't the quickest place to get stuff done at.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #36
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Still waiting to hear from CW that the control board has come in. No time to go camping now anyway so no problem but they sure aren't the quickest place to get stuff done at.
Just wait.... it gets worse.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #37

I wouldn't expect anything more. My wife said that we won't be buying from CW again. So that sums that up!!
Old 11-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #38
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything more. My wife said that we won't be buying from CW again. So that sums that up!!
It's a shame really.
They have the opportunity to be so much better and could provide something the R/V sector desperately needs. They choose not to.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #39
Just as confused as you

I have heard from people that bought from CW the buying experience is pleasant, but the service afterwards rates an "F".
Camping since 1989
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:45 PM   #40

My first advice to anyone buying an RV is to NEVER go back to ANY dealer for warranty work. Use an independent service only shop.

That being said, I love Camping World! I would buy from them if they have the lowest price. I enjoy perusing their store. Sometimes they have good prices on accessories and parts, and sometimes not. Just like any other store. But they are usually the closest RV parts store and very convenient.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time