Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #1

Flagstaff 206LTD questions

Hello everyone, been lurking here for the past few days finding a lot of useful information on my recently bought 2001 flagstaff 206ltd.

The previous owner didn't really know how to use it so I didn't get much training from him. There is a converter under the diner seat and I didn't find a switch on it to go from 110v to battery mode. The precious owner only used the 110v... Could it be possible that the converter has been replaced with a newer one which has an automatic switch? Also, would it also charge the battery at the same time?

My last question is, what is the required tire pressure? The sticker on the frame faded with the sun and I'm unable to tell the recommended pressure... The max pressure on the tires is 80psi,so I would assume it's something around 50psi..

Thank you!
Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #2

Welcome!

Regarding the converter, we had a 2014 206 LTD that had an automatic converter. Whenever we were plugged in to shore power, the 110V outlets were energized, the 12V lights were powered thru the converter and the battery was charging. There was no switch on our unit. Not sure about a 2001 unit though.

Tire pressure is a real can of worms! You'll get as many opinions as people who respond. I did an analysis of the tire load rating at the rated pressure then backed that off to the actual loading I anticipated to give a better (less bouncy) ride. That analysis resulted in a 55 - 60 PSI pressure to get the equivalent tire contact area on the road surface. Another popular theory is that you always run the tires at the rated pressure, but I've found that the tires become like bouncing balls in that case - particularly when they are utilized substantially under the loading level. The tires for your 206LTD are, in all cases, rated for a heavier loading than the trailer axle load rating; so the tires are never used at capacity.
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #3

What size tires might help.
The sticker on my 228BH which is a larger and heavier trailer recommended 65 psi for a 175x80x13 tire.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #4

@kraftengr
Thanks for your answer. Is there a way to find the model of the converter? There doesn't seem to be a product number on it... I could post a picture if it could help.

@f5moab
I'll look them up tomorrow morning, didn't pay attention to their sizing just the max psi.
Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiles View Post
@kraftengr
Thanks for your answer. Is there a way to find the model of the converter? There doesn't seem to be a product number on it... I could post a picture if it could help.

@f5moab
I'll look them up tomorrow morning, didn't pay attention to their sizing just the max psi.
For most converters, you have to open the cover to get any information. Most pop open from the top and hinge down.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #6

I agree with taking off the cover to get whatever info you can find then start searching on line.
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff