Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #1

Flagstaff Hardside popup

We have a 2018 Forest River Hard Wall. We have taken it camping 12 times. The last trip we went to put the roof up and the power top would just grind. I looked and the gears in the motor are bad. There was rusty water that caused them to fail. Does anyone have a fix or have experienced this? Of course it happened 63 days past the warranty. We were able to put up by hand. Thank you for any help.
Newbycamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbycamp View Post
We have a 2018 Forest River Hard Wall. We have taken it camping 12 times. The last trip we went to put the roof up and the power top would just grind. I looked and the gears in the motor are bad. There was rusty water that caused them to fail. Does anyone have a fix or have experienced this? Of course it happened 63 days past the warranty. We were able to put up by hand. Thank you for any help.
Have you tried reaching out to Flagstaff directly anyways? Sometimes they're not as strict on those things when you're the original owner and will honor it regardless. Worth the shot at least!

tcbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #3

The lifter system has a limited lifetime warranty. Give FR a call.
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

If you are talking about an A-frame pop-up, there is a separate forum for the A-frames. You might have the moderators move your thread. The electric lift system on the A-frames has been an issue, and there have been several threads on fixing it.

On my 2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW, the dealer claims Forest River has finally fixed the problems. We shall see. My A-frame is stored inside the garage, so I should have less problems with dust, dirt, and water intrusion. The lift motor now plugs in to a jack on the side, so replacement would be easy if necessary. The seals and the size of the motor have been improved, and the gears are now all metal.

If you can get a replacement from Forest River, make sure you get the new one.

just my thoughts and experiences
Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff