Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #1

Flagstaff MAC pop up water pump

My 2013 flagstaff mac227 pop up has the water pump under the galley/sink. I had some issues with it , BUT I have no idea how to get to it. The galley sits atop the cabinet and swings onto the floor for storage. There is only a small opening under the galley for the drain hose

Do anyone have any idea how to get to the waterpump.

It looks like I have to un bolt the galley and remove the moldings to get to removing the wood??? That seems excessive

M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	138841  
Heymirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #2

That raised panel under your stove on the cabinet held by 2 screws should be where your pump is located. It is a small area but you can get to it. Good Luck!!
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #3

Will the water pump run constantly when the water is gone?
Heymirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymirth View Post
Yes, and it will burn itself out.

I got to find this out the hard way. Coming back from Lincoln, NE, I had well water in my water tank, which will sour after a few months (especially in the water heater). So I opened the drain to drain the water tank while towing. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn the water pump off. Next trip, no functioning water pump.

Replacement Shurflo pump was about $60. I struggled to get the input connection tight, and then found I had cross-threaded the plastic coupling. Fixed that, and now I'm pretty good about turning off the water pump when we tow or run out of water.

And since we moved, we have city water, and no longer have the water going sour either.

Are we having fun yet?
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #5

Our PUP is similar to yours (it's a MAC 206st), and my water pump is under the dinette seat. It's hidden under a glued-N-screwed panel. Is that where your water filter is? Maybe you'll find the pump hidden in that section somewhere too
Old 05-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heymirth View Post
Yes, if the pump switch is on. The pump senses output pressure in the plumbing. Once plumbing pressure beyond the pump falls below 25 PSI (typical) the pump turns on until it senses 45 PSI (again typical).

If a faucet is open or there is a leak, the pump may never get to or sense 45 PSI, and continue to run. Similarly, if there is a leak on the suction side or no water in the tank, the pump cannot achieve 45 PSI and continues to run.

There should be a manual switch to turn off the pump, as you don't want the pump on when the camper is connected to city water (or the water tank is empty). My switch is located on the pump enclosure itself at the bottom of my under-sink cabinet. My water filter is located on an upper shelf in the same cabinet.

The Shur-flo pump can run dry for a short period time with no damage, but a short period is not hours. The water lubricates and cools the diaphragm in the pump, which in turn keeps the pump motor from being over-loaded and burning out. My earlier post described my faux pas in running the pump dry and burning out the motor because I forgot to turn the pump off when I drained the water tank.

just my experiences with 12V water pumps in boats and RVs
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, pop up, pump, water, water pump