Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

Fridge 110 ?

I have a 2017 Flagstaff Ltd pup with a three way fridge which works great. When using house current to pre chill fridge a day before our outings I leave the pup all set up until we leave for our trip. My question is will the fridge work when pup is down, due to when galley is not set the light. don't work does that apply to the fridge?

Dave

Thank you
Hoyt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't think that applies to the fridge. I think the fridge will work with the top down otherwise it wouldn't work when towing it.

The reason the light switches off is due to the danger of overheating the canvas, etc. and causing a fire if it got collapsed down on it.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I don't think that applies to the fridge. I think the fridge will work with the top down otherwise it wouldn't work when towing it.

The reason the light switches off is due to the danger of overheating the canvas, etc. and causing a fire if it got collapsed down on it.
Makes sense to me,. I am going camping this weekend, I plug the pop up in and let you know the outcome.

Thank you

Dave
Hoyt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #4

Here is an explanation on running the fridge while towing:
http://www.robertssales.com/articles...ps_tricks.html
hmj176ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
Site Team

I didn't see anything about running the fridge while towing on that site. Just about running it on 12 volts.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #6

Fridge 110 ?

Click on the article "Fridge on 12 volt warning"

Fridge on 12V Warning Top of Page
The 12V operation for the fridge (the red switch) should be used only when the camper is hooked up to the tow vehicle's wiring plug, the tow vehicle has a hot lead/charging circuit, and the tow vehicle's engine is running.

The tow vehicle's alternator has enough power to run the fridge continuously. A 12V deep-cycle marine battery (without being recharged by an alternator or battery charger) will run the fridge (poorly) for about 6 or 7 hours before the battery is completely dead. Thus, the 12V should be only an "on the road" option for the fridge.
hmj176ltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge