Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 01:02 AM   #1

FRP side panel and rear panel coming apart

Hello, new member needing help

I have a 2018 Rockwood Forest River pop up. My FRP side panel and rear panel are separating. I used a pipe and a racket strap and I was able to pull them back together. Which is great but there is know way to keep them together from outside. I am assuming these are kept together from the framing on the inside and I'm sure the corner connection point for these two panels is rotten. Does anyone know how I remove the rear panel to fix this issue? Do I have to remove more items just to remove the rear panel, like the pull out bed? I am a carpenter by trade. Being a carpenter, we love demo day. So I'm afraid that I'm going to try to do this the easy way by using muscle and then end up destroying the back panel FRP. The side and back panel are in great shape. I just need to put the, back together. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks

FYI, it's hard to tell from the pictures that it is separating because I pulled the back together and the screw in the top corner plastic piece is holding them together, for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_225017.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	273564   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_225030.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	273565   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_225041.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	273566   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220519_225104.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	273567  
Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. You may be able to do the job form inside depending on what you would need to replace. I would remove the bed to make the job easier. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #3

Have you tried emailing Forest River to ask for those details? I have had several questions answered by them & a few failing parts sent to me for free. Your pop up is not that old, so it might be worth you contacting them with your model & vin number, you never know your panels could be separating due to a recall. It's worth a shot!
Old 05-22-2022, 08:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pease View Post
Hello, new member needing help

I have a 2018 Rockwood Forest River pop up. My FRP side panel and rear panel are separating. I used a pipe and a racket strap and I was able to pull them back together. Which is great but there is know way to keep them together from outside. I am assuming these are kept together from the framing on the inside and I'm sure the corner connection point for these two panels is rotten. Does anyone know how I remove the rear panel to fix this issue? Do I have to remove more items just to remove the rear panel, like the pull out bed? I am a carpenter by trade. Being a carpenter, we love demo day. So I'm afraid that I'm going to try to do this the easy way by using muscle and then end up destroying the back panel FRP. The side and back panel are in great shape. I just need to put the, back together. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks

FYI, it's hard to tell from the pictures that it is separating because I pulled the back together and the screw in the top corner plastic piece is holding them together, for now.
FYI, while it looks like FRP its usually "pebbled" aluminum on top of wood. That black corner strip will have a thin strip of flexible material stuffed in to the end that is probably screwed in at the bottom under the bottom edge. Remove that and there are screws underneath that will allow you to remove the black corner piece though it will be stuck with sealant as well.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel