Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

Gaucho Bed in Flagstaff 228

We bought a used 228 popup and I can't figure out how in the world to make the gaucho bed. Does anyone have any pics or know how to do this?

Thanks

2015 Coachmen Clipper 17BH - Current
wheatbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #2

Hard to explain. When it is pulled all the way out, the rear and bottom cushion makes the bed. (This is the position it is in when pulling in the rear bed and closing up the trailer.)
To make is a couch, just push the bottom part in while lifting up the backboard and placing the cushion on the bottom and the back.

There is also a strap you can snap from the back to the bottom to help keep it in the couch position.

It is not a big bed, believe it is made for one short person. I know if I stretch out on it in the couch position, my feet overhang.

Couch position:

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #3

hmmmm....I think I might be missing something. I looked around the web for pics and it looks like there is something that possibly slides out that has two legs? Ours doesn't have that but it does have that little ledge type thing (strip of wood) between the couch and the dinette table.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

You are correct on the slider board with 2 legs. Sounds like the PO removed the slider board that the seat cushion sits on. Hard to explain the slider board is attached with what looks like drawer slides to the top of the 1/2 plywood that is the top of the cabinet box for the couch/ bed.

I hard to reinforce the box frame on mine very poor construction, but now is all good.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #5

Those legs might have broken off. I had to re-install one since it pulled out of the board. Needless to say, FR is not noted for assembling these trailers with heavy duty fasteners.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #6

Does anyone know if I could buy a replacement? Or maybe give some pics so maybe I could build one? I don't even really know what it looks like under the cushion.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #7

I will have mine up next weekend, will get you the size of the bottom slider board (1/2 inch plywood). If I remember it was the same size as the top of cabinet board that is used as the cabinet top. The top maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch narrower so it could slide in without the sides rubbing against the back wall. The drawer slides are attached between the 2 boards. There are 2 3/4 square tube aluminum legs attached to the bottom of the top slider board for support when in the bed position.

Maybe this makes since to you, will try to get you some pictures and dimensions when I open it up next weekend. Maybe someone will get you the info before I can. Good Luck on your project.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, flagstaff