Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #1

Good news

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the feedback and help. I thought I'd share the good news with everyone that the trailer passed the inspection with no major issues!!!!! Yay! So mostly spit and polish (and a good strong mildew remover!)

The trailer repair place we dealt with has been great. They did Eternabond on the roof and storage box, and weren't worried about the mildew - just said to give it a good cleaning (I think I will Killz paint the bunk wings just for my own peace of mind )

We're installing a WDH and a new electric switch under the sink tip out (the existing switch was loose and every road jostle would turn the lights on and off while packed -hence the light burn). Aside from some body repair and repositioning the spare (it was inappropriately mounted), we made it thru with no structural or water issues! Yay!

And now, to camp, for the little season that's left!

Thanks again everyone for your support will send a pic when we get her on her maiden voyage!
Hyundai Santa Fe V6
HappyCampers4223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #2

Congratulations!

Sounds good.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #3

Good Luck! Enjoy!
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #4

Glad to hear it.
Now enjoy that camper.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #5

pictures?

Hi! I signed up just so I could reply to your posts. My husband and I just bought an 08 Rockwood 2514G for $1500 as our first popup. It seems to have had a roof leak which my husband is going to repair (new wood, fiberglass and gelcoat). It came with a brand new in the box canvas from rockwood which we need to install ourselves once we get the roof fixed. I was wondering how you're liking the camper and if you had any recent pics? It seems like you did a lot of work to yours too!
Popups and Toddlers is offline   Reply With Quote