Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #1

Goshen cable broken

I own a 2012 Rockwood Freedom 2280 and the cable for the Goshen Lift System snapped. Does anyone know the length of this cable? I've contacted Goshen and Rockwood and have not received a reply. Also, I want to replace it with stainless steel cable and I found that the cables at Lowe's and Home Depot only have a stainless steel finish and breaking strength of around 800 pounds. I found this aircraft cable that is sold by the foot with a breaking strength of 3700 pounds: https://www.westechrigging.com/wire-...s-719-316.html I contacted westechrigging to make sure the cable is flexible enough to go around the small winch, but haven't received a reply on that either. The length of this cable seems to be an industry secret because it doesn't appear anywhere on the Internet, including these forums.
winnardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnardt View Post
I own a 2012 Rockwood Freedom 2280 and the cable for the Goshen Lift System snapped. Does anyone know the length of this cable? I've contacted Goshen and Forest River and have not received a reply. Also, I want to replace it with stainless steel cable and I found that the cables at Lowe's and Home Depot only have a stainless steel finish and breaking strength of around 800 pounds. I found this aircraft cable that is sold by the foot with a breaking strength of 3700 pounds: https://www.westechrigging.com/wire-...s-719-316.html I contacted westechrigging to make sure the cable is flexible enough to go around the small winch, but haven't received a reply on that either. The length of this cable seems to be an industry secret because it doesn't appear anywhere on the Internet, including these forums.
You say you’ve contacted Forest River. Have you contacted Rockwood who is your manufacturing division?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #3

I appear to have contacted Rockwood. It was on a Forest River website but the contact info appears to go to the Rockwood division.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #4

Call Goshen MetalStamping parts department for lift systems. Have your campers year, model and VIN number ready to give them. They will quote you a price for a cable made to the campers factory spec's and also give you a price for shipping. 1-574-533-4108
Their prices are better than most other places found on the internet, or at least that was the case for me on the last parts I ordered from Goshen.
The cable will come with the pusher tabs installed on the cable where they need to be and the cable should be the right length.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #5

Thanks, but I already saw that as an option. If you notice, I said I already contacted Goshen. I want stainless steel and I can get 50 ft. of stainless steel aircraft cable with a breaking strength of 3700 pounds for $36. The Goshen cable is probably galvanized steel and costs $100. I'm going for the aircraft cable.

Tags
cable