Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 06:37 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Spurticus I have a similar setup when camping for a week or so. But for weekends I just use 1 stinky slinky and just switch after the black is empty. I use a a clear elbow between the pup connection and the ss. The clear elbow is a hydro flush so I can clean the ss b4 I disconnect to switch.
I have a hydro flush hooked up at the black tank. Didn't think about it for the hose itself. I will probably keep it simple like you said for shorter trips. For the week trips though, I will use this set up and be done.
spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #102
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Hydroflush
Please don't tell me that's your drinking water hose I see in the photo.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Initial set up only. Everything was rearranged once we got going. The darker garden hose is still there. That's the cleaning and flushing hose. There's no mistaking the two.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Not my actual hydro. Stole to pic from the internet. But NO I don't use a drinking hose. I use the same hose I use for my swivel stick wand.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #105

Thanks

Thanks to this thread I have finally been able to take care of my biggest frustration with the purchase of our Rockwood Pup! Stupid design!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0690.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	112225  
wolfixum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #106

Would you be willing to share the parts list for your adaptor? I apologize if you already listed the parts and I have missed it.
sgreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #107

Look at the 3-4 thread. Part list is there.
wolfixum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #108

I made the same adapter. The parts were ordered online from Lowe's. Its all ABS plastic. Some Lowe's stock it, some don't. Depends on where you live.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 AM   #109

Sgreats
Lowes numbers in white
23301, 23319 then it's a valterra T2901-1. You can gets lowes parts in black but only at some stores and not sure the numbers.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #110

Sgreats look at fishhawks list but he did have 1 number wrong at first but should have corrected it in a later post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #111
Pop Up Newb

This has got to be the most frustrating aspect of my Flagstaff 228D. We have yet to use the shower (or toilet for that matter), but as I get closer to using it and trying to figure it all out, I now realize i need to run a pipe back across the PUP to the sink side, or from the sink side to the other side and into a gray water tank?

At this point I have just been running my sink drain into a hose and off onto the ground, never even occurred to me we needed to be putting it into a tank. Guess I am the worlds worst camper...
blaklabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #112

Yes I have a 228 also bad design on grey water issue. What I have done is .
1) for sink I use a 5 gallon water bottle with hose coming form drain.
2) use 30 gallon tote for shower.

I did do mod last year and ran 1 1/2 inch PVC form shower drain to left side of camper and put the 3 inch adapter I got from this post. Works well, now the tote is where it should be and not by the front door. When the DW and I go camping I just take the tote and 5 gal bottle and the toilet tank to the dump station each morning to dump and rinse all 3 takes about 15 minutes. Shower is small though, but we do not have to use the campground facilities which is why we bought the camper with the bath and potty in the first place.

Don't get frustrated, just think about all the little things and make it work for you and your set up.

Have a great camping season!!
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #113

Blaklabl. No ur not the worse camper in the wordless just uninformed. But now if you still did it after knowing you shouldn't that could make you the worse. But then again its gray water it could be black!
Old 06-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #114
Pop Up Newb

Quote:
Blaklabl. No ur not the worse camper in the wordless just uninformed. But now if you still did it after knowing you shouldn't that could make you the worse. But then again its gray water it could be black!
Well, I should clarify I DID know that you can't drain black water...I just didn't really realize the sink "gray water" couldn't just drain out of a hose onto the ground away from the campsite. I also didn't realize the shower didn't have a gray water holding tank until now.

In my short 8 months of ownership I have figured out a few things I should have been more educated about before the purchase...which is leading me to look at other models now...wonder how much of a bath I would take trading it back in so quick and upgrading...
blaklabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
Well, I should clarify I DID know that you can't drain black water...I just didn't really realize the sink "gray water" couldn't just drain out of a hose onto the ground away from the campsite. I also didn't realize the shower didn't have a gray water holding tank until now.

In my short 8 months of ownership I have figured out a few things I should have been more educated about before the purchase...which is leading me to look at other models now...wonder how much of a bath I would take trading it back in so quick and upgrading...
When we decided on a pup, it was full hook ups only, which meant a high wall model. We also camp at full hook up campgrounds which makes things even easier. I did not want to have to deal with totes and dump stations. That's just me. Those things are probably not a big deal to others.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurticus View Post
When we decided on a pup, it was full hook ups only, which meant a high wall model. We also camp at full hook up campgrounds which makes things even easier. I did not want to have to deal with totes and dump stations. That's just me. Those things are probably not a big deal to others.
I do the same. FH other then 1 camping trip to a state park with other family. But after that trip we stay at a FH so we can dump n clean throughly.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #117

Quote:

Didn't mean you were doing it on purpose. We all learn from mistakes just hopefully we can learn from someone else's not ours! Lol. Yeah I wanted a shower n toilet and can't dump a cassette style so we only had a choice of which highwall. Love my HW other then fridge location and bag awning.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #118

Quote:

To answer your question, you could always sell yourself and buy a used HW. We waited and found a two year old like new HW by owner. Saved us $6K versus the otd price at our local dealer for a new one. Granted, there's no warranty, but I can deal with that and the savings.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:37 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurticus View Post
To answer your question, you could always sell yourself and buy a used HW. We waited and found a two year old like new HW by owner. Saved us $6K versus the otd price at our local dealer for a new one. Granted, there's no warranty, but I can deal with that and the savings.
The warranty bumper to bumper is only 1 yr for new anyways. We bought new only because the local dealer had 1 new and 1 used. The used was 4 yrs old already and he only wanted 2k more for a new one. But then he had to order a new one because that one sold pretty much at the same time as we bought and we got a 2015 for the price of the 2014 which was 1k less then it was supposed to sell for.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #120
Site Team

Quote:
The warranty bumper to bumper is only 1 yr for new anyways.
FR offers a 2nd year factory warranty for their popups, for only $100.
Most dealers don't tell customers about it so they can sell 3rd party warranties that they get a commission on.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain