Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2006, 11:10 PM   #1

Grey water ports - replacing OEM threaded hose connections

The Pup is winterized and in the garage - time for mod season!

Has anyone replaced the OEM threaded hose connections for the grey water hoses for the sink and shower?

The threaded PVC pipes on the pup uses a threaded collar and garden hose sized "funnel" for a simple hose connection. I had problems with kinks and slow drainage since a 90 degree angle is required to drain to the tote. I tried PVC elbows for the smaller hoses.

My thought was to find a 1 and 3/4 inch PVC pipe with elbow along with the threaded collar to maintain the larger pipe for better drainage into the tote. Maybe using a larger shop vac type hose for drainage.

Has anyone adapted any PVC plumbing, pipes and hoses to do the same?

Thanks

Bill

Chevy 3/4 Ton Diesel Pickup
Forest River Flagstaff 205

Fantastic Fan, Heated Bed Mattresses, Forced Air Furnace, 3 Way Refrigerator, Awning, Built-in Charger, Lined Privacy Curtains, Roof Valances, Patio Light, 110 Exterior Outlet, Spare Tire, Tire Bracket, Tire Cover, Step, Shower/Cassette Toilet Option Incl Water Filtration System, 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater, Demand Water Pump, Outdoor Shower, RVQue, Kitchen Pantry, Power Lift System.
beewookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #2

I have seen where people use 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in sump pump hose attached to PVC nipples that screw onto the 1 1/2 inch threaded pipe to drain thier grey water into all sorts of containers, totes and CG sewer systems. I own a 2005 2318G and am going to try this out myself as it doesn't look to difficult or expensive.

Cory
CamperKidz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tent camper