RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircommuter View Post
How could anyone camp for 15 years in one state?
I know people that have camped 15+ years on a single site.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Heater in august? Ouch. Good sleeping weather in Michigan with no a/c and windows open. I went with the least expensive heater I could buy at a big box store. figured I could save 15$ worth of propane back quicker then some of the more expensive heaters.
Still a little to warm and humid here just South of ya !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #23

Seven years in one place

Quote:
Our Cherokee 38P Destination Trailer has been stationed in one place for seven years since we bought it. We don't even have a vehicle big enough to tow it.

The resort it's sited at has so many amenities and is so inexpensive that we don't need to go anywhere else. When we do wish to go elsewhere, we have a 22' SOB.

Amenities include huge indoor and outdoor pools, indoor heated all year, exercise room, game room, sauna, children's playground, mini golf, sand and water volleyball, petanque, hiking trails, tennis and pickleball courts, onsite restaurant and snack bar.

Why go elsewhere?

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Our Cherokee 38P Destination Trailer has been stationed in one place for seven years since we bought it. We don't even have a vehicle big enough to tow it.

The resort it's sited at has so many amenities and is so inexpensive that we don't need to go anywhere else. When we do wish to go elsewhere, we have a 22' SOB.

Amenities include huge indoor and outdoor pools, indoor heated all year, exercise room, game room, sauna, children's playground, mini golf, sand and water volleyball, petanque, hiking trails, tennis and pickleball courts, onsite restaurant and snack bar.

Why go elsewhere?
Because some of us like to experience and see different things as often as possible.

With all the beautiful parks and attractions across this great country, I'll choose not to spend my free time/camping life in just one spot.

Not being a smarty pants... just sayin'.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #25

I agree, that is boring. That’s why those things have wheels. With it being parked you lose the “V”. I live on 15 acres near Yosemite and all those things become old hat real quick. Besides tires go bad from sitting. Sometimes people do to.
My opinion also.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I know people that have camped 15+ years on a single site.
We camped on the same spot for 17+ years,,,
It was out 6 acres on The Thunder Bay River near Alpena MI,,,
Very Private, Good Fishing, no reason to go anywhere else,,,
Now we have a small TT and plan to do some wondering !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #27

Sounds like you have a reason now. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #28

Quote:
I agree with the his own part.
I guess because I get bored easily and did twenty years of camping out of my airplane I didnít have to drive as much and I lived close to tourist areas like Yosemite I was on to other states and countries many years ago.
When the fishing is good I NEVER get bored.

When the fishing is not good I only get bored when I run out of beer and/or rum.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #29

Like you said to each his own. I find fishing is boring and I donít drink alcoholic beverages. If one just sits around drinking beer might as well sit out in the back yard because they cannot drive anyway.
I built and owned a houseboat for many years and have been involved with lakes and the ocean since I was 10. Fishing was just too slow and too much sitting for me, my son loved it when he was alive, when he left I sold 5 of the 6 boats. The lake is only 25 minutes away so I kept one in case I am still alive when my grand kids are old enough to learn how to ski.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #30

when the fish are biting, and you have to leave your bait out of the water just to take a sip of beer that is not boring!

When you can fill up a 35 or 40 quart cooler in a couple hours that is not boring.

But if they are not biting, and Im sitting in my boat with my best friend or my wife, talking, sipping an adult beverage, and enjoying the day and the magnificent world that God created, Im never bored.

Maybe Im just simple? You know the adage, "simple mind simple pleasure"
Old 08-13-2019, 03:21 PM   #31
waybeck2018

The DW has cold spells at times so we never travel w/o the electric space heater. Got it on a close out from a local store. Best buy like that we have seen in awhile.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #32

Well some people can go through the same little door to work for 30 years too. I just like different experiences. Forth business so far and probably the last as it is my idea of a retirement business.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #33

Used installed fireplace (electric) plus electric space heater almost every night the first week of June in NM and CO. Was low to mid 30s several nights at Chama, Durango, and Mesa Verde.

Also like to warm up the shower/bathroom before showering so set up the space heater there about 10 minutes before hop into the shower. Have to remember to turn off the A/C that services the bathroom before hop into shower or it will come on at the worst possible time (dripping wet, just got out of the shower). Thermostat is right outside the bathroom door for this A/C unit.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #34

Cool

No need for any heaters around here!

Been 80 at night with 90% humidity and going up to 100 with heat indices in the 115-120 range daily.

When the DW an I retire maybe we will get to spend some nice cool Summer nights up that way.
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #35
Commercial Member

alternate

We have found that a mattress warmer keeps us nice and warm. Also, have a 300 Watt just blowing in the rest of our Class-C.

Haven't heard anyone ask if/when campgrounds will start charging for electricity over some base wattage.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 40 years experience as tire design engineer. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Next in Mar 2021 in Perry, GA
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #36

Charge for electricity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Haven't heard anyone ask if/when campgrounds will start charging for electricity over some base wattage.
Our campground (same one for 7 years) meters and charges the permanent sites (like ours) but not the transient sites.

Our usual bill ran $7-8 per month for two refrigerators full time, jumped to around $15 per month when we added the dehumidifier, but it's worth it.

Last winter when we couldn't run the furnace due to a converter issue, we heated with a pair of oil-filled radiators. $45 for five days of heating. Glad we're back to propane.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:25 PM   #37
Take it easy,but take it

Hmmm!!got rid of my 2014 Forrest river...Got a 2019 outdoors rv. June,got down to 20degrees. No problem! Heat held over from the daytime..wow
Nickrenfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #38

Quote:
If you live in SC and don't take your trailer out of SC then you don't have to tag it or pay the taxes on it. So that is one good reason to stay in SC. At least until your trailer isn't worth as much.
jpennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #39

If you travel out of SC how would they know?
That is a good deal but I would be extremely tired of the same scenery long before 15 years. I like to explore and take new pictures.

In CA they tax a habitable trailer annually even if it is not licensed for the road. Other trailers are permanently licensed or have a 5 year registration for $10.00 Thanks to the trucking industry lobby. But vehicles and pickups is a huge gouge.

Tags
heater, propane