Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #21

Ok I have tried all these ideas ugh
I have disconnected the cold line and I can’t get any water to come out of the cold line. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn’t this cold line be the one that feeds the tank to supply it? Still believe there must be a blockage somewhere in this blue water line. But it’s impossible to trace down the connection points because the water lines are in between the inside trailer floor and the underside of the unit. Nice that they don’t hang down under the trailer but wow how do you fix anything other than terring up your floor ????
Maybe if I hook up a compersor and force air thru water line.

If I am not hooked up to city water and just using my tank water shouldn’t the pump turn on to fill hot water tank ??

Thanks again everyone I will keep trying. Hate to bring in for service and pay an ungodly amount of money for something I should be able to figure out. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E34DC80-9BDB-4F4D-8245-85CF73C14860.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	201056  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #22

try filling HWH with city water connection... hook it up and oped HW faucet
Old 04-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
I have disconnected the cold line and I can’t get any water to come out of the cold line. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn’t this cold line be the one that feeds the tank to supply it? Still believe there must be a blockage somewhere in this blue water line. But it’s impossible to trace down the connection points because the water lines are in between the inside trailer floor and the underside of the unit. Nice that they don’t hang down under the trailer but wow how do you fix anything other than terring up your floor ????

If I am not hooked up to city water and just using my tank water shouldn’t the pump turn on to fill hot water tank ??

Thanks again everyone I will keep trying. Hate to bring in for service and pay an ungodly amount of money for something I should be able to figure out. Lol
If you have a water filter inside of your camper, drop the canister and work out a way to blow compressed air or water from where you have it disconnected in your picture and see if you can capture whatever comes out at the other end, where your filter head is.

Bruce
Old 04-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #24

You are getting close.

Bruce
Old 04-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #25

Think I have found the problem.
After hooking water supply back up to my garden house and turning cold valve back on slowly this time I hear and feel hose pressurize and water starts filling tank but when valve is turned to completely open it stops again. So yep bad valve after all that
All you guys rock with all your feed back
Thanks !!!!!!
So yes valve must be bad!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Think I have found the problem.
After hooking water supply back up to my garden house and turning cold valve back on slowly this time I hear and feel hose pressurize and water starts filling tank but when valve is turned to completely open it stops again. So yep bad valve after all that
All you guys rock with all your feed back
Thanks !!!!!!
So yes valve must be bad!
This does not make sense since you disconnected the cold water supply before that valve (your picture) and you got no water from that disconnected line. Perhaps there was an obstruction that you dislodged by messing with the supply.

Hopefully, you won’t have any more problems with it.

Bruce
Old 04-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #27

Quote:

I'm a little late to the party but if I'm looking at the picture in post 21 correctly, both hot and cold valves, are closed. Whatever water is flowing in the system is flowing direct from cold water supply direct to cold faucets and whatever is flowing to hot faucets is "leakage:.

Again referring to the picture, the hot and cold side valve handles should align with the pipe attached to the heater fittings. The bypass valve handle should be aligned so it's across the bypass line.

Like I said, that's just what I see in the picture.

Do you have a Winterizing Port? If so, there is it's valve in the proper position.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 04-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I'm a little late to the party but if I'm looking at the picture in post 21 correctly, both hot and cold valves, are closed. Whatever water is flowing in the system is flowing direct from cold water supply direct to cold faucets and whatever is flowing to hot faucets is "leakage:.

Again referring to the picture, the hot and cold side valve handles should align with the pipe attached to the heater fittings. The bypass valve handle should be aligned so it's across the bypass line.

Like I said, that's just what I see in the picture.

Do you have a Winterizing Port? If so, there is it's valve in the proper position.
Take a look at the picture in post #1. He initially had the valves in the correct position. The picture in post #21 is after he started to troubleshoot.

Bruce
Old 04-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Take a look at the picture in post #1. He initially had the valves in the correct position. The picture in post #21 is after he started to troubleshoot.

Bruce
Thank you.

If no water at cold pipe when using water pump then winterizing valve is probably switched to it's intake "Port" which closes off supply from water tank.

If no water from City Water connection, make sure check valve isn't plugged with something that was sitting in the hose, like a leaf, sawdust, or whatever. I've had that happen in past years and it made me a believer in capping city water inlet. Also connecting water hose ends together while storing and flushing before hooking to RV.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #30

The luck I have. After countless hours of frustration I total feel like an idiot lol no valves were bad, no sediment in lines it turns out that the lines that go under the pull out dinette table were kinked. All I had to do was pull up on them from the tank compartment and water started flowing like niagra falls. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time with this head scratcher lol
Some day I might laugh about it ugh
Old 04-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #31

Quote:
The luck I have. After countless hours of frustration I total feel like an idiot lol no valves were bad, no sediment in lines it turns out that the lines that go under the pull out dinette table were kinked. All I had to do was pull up on them from the tank compartment and water started flowing like niagra falls. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time with this head scratcher lol
I guess with an RV, you should always expect the unexpected. But with RVs, it seems this type of problem should be expected.

Bruce
Old 04-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #32

Quote:

With my current employment status (Permanently retired} I have nothing but time.

Glad you found the issue.

Sometimes finding the problem is first finding all the things that aren't the problem. In the process you get a good inventory of what you have and what various components to.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #33

I wonder how they got so kinked? That sounds like more trouble waiting to happen.

Glad you found the issue and thanks for sharing the results of investigation with everyone.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:16 AM   #34

Yep they go down under the pullout table and seating.
So every time it gets pulled in and out the hoses need to move also. They might have gotten stuck on the wheel possibly. Who knows. Other than It felt like I spent countless hours tearing things apart for something that should have only taken less than 5 min to get hot water tank back up and running lol

But the more I have looked at everything I will say who is the brilliant engineer who designs these things? Obviously someone that has never been camping or has to repair things.

I should look to see if there are other problems from others but one big issue I see is up coming is the water pump it self. The location on the hw277 is the worst. I am not looking forward to changing that that’s for sure. And why would you put the pump and all the water lines right snug up to the back of the fuse box and electrical plugs. If it ever springs a leak it will fry everything. I guess maybe that’s there idea.
More things to have to get repaired for some one to make money off of.

I will save that and toilet leaking for another discussion lol
Old 04-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #35

Wow, glad to see you got it figured out!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #36

Quote:
So every time it gets pulled in and out the hoses need to move also. They might have gotten stuck on the wheel possibly. Who knows. Other than It felt like I spent countless hours tearing things apart for something that should have only taken less than 5 min to get hot water tank back up and running lol

But the more I have looked at everything I will say who is the brilliant engineer who designs these things? Obviously someone that has never been camping or has to repair things.

I should look to see if there are other problems from others but one big issue I see is up coming is the water pump it self. The location on the hw277 is the worst. I am not looking forward to changing that that’s for sure. And why would you put the pump and all the water lines right snug up to the back of the fuse box and electrical plugs. If it ever springs a leak it will fry everything. I guess maybe that’s there idea.

If you think degreed engineers are designing these things, think again.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 04-09-2019, 04:00 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
If you think degreed engineers are designing these things, think again.

I believe if what you think is true, we would have RVs with fewer problems.

Bruce
Old 04-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #38

Quote:

I have a related Flagstaff HW31SCTH. I can't change the on board water filter without dumping half the bowl. I have a wooden barrier thing that covers the electrical wiring on the back of the converter. That should be a crime what's under there.[emoji2959]
Old 04-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarrior View Post
I have a related Flagstaff HW31SCTH. I can't change the on board water filter without dumping half the bowl. I have a wooden barrier thing that covers the electrical wiring on the back of the converter. That should be a crime what's under there.[emoji2959]
Wrap a plastic bag around it before you unscrew it.

If it's an FR1/KW1, you might want to remove it before it cracks and floods your rig. Lots of threads here reporting this problem. A 67 cent coupler from Home Depot fixes the problem.

Name:   FR1 filter pic.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  4.1 KB

Name:	half inch DURA coupling.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	201345

Name:	Filter replacement coupling.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	201346

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 04-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #40

Yes my water filter is exactly above all the electrical fuses and other electrical as well
With a pc of almost plywood less that 1/8” thick. Not water proof what’s so ever Lol
Just blows me away by who thinks of this stuff?
Closed Thread

Tags
hot water, tank, water, water tank