Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #1

How many Vin locations

First post here. I just got a project 1999 - 228 Flagstaff and it has the unreadable foil sticker for a VIN ID. Does anyone with a similar year and model know exactly where another possible location could be and I mean please be accurate in the location description please. The PO painted the frame to make it look better and I can’t find anything. I did try the door as well. I also read a few posts here with no sucess. Trying to keep the wife and the state DMV off of my back and there is no need to restore something I can’t register in NC. If anyone has a model by this company near the year and you could send me a pic of a proper vin sticker that would be helpful as I can focus on a area better if I knew where to look. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4FBEF780-2C6B-45A7-A881-18E0A4A813C7.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	576.7 KB
ID:	179485   Click image for larger version

Name:	2326CCCE-D9A3-4348-A994-F2B3B006A662.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	179486  
KenInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #2

Don't you just love the disappearing ink or they had aluminum tags that corroded off. Over the years I have found the vins in some weird places. Sometimes they will stamp it on the A-frame up by your hitch , have found Vin stickers on the inside of the cabinet doors also found a partial VIN on a axle tag also found one on the freshwater tank written in marker. So good luck.your stock one probably was on the front left or roadside?
Rocky2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location