Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #1

How to find out model number from VIN

My husband and I have been trying to order a cable and pulley system but can't access the model number. We have the VIN. Google isn't working, except of course to lead me here, which we have already deemed to be a really great site for info for us. Thanks in advance!
tashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #2

How to find out model number from VIN

Not sure how much the vin will help you with the model number... as an example, using this decoder, it tells me that I have a 5th wheel and that it is a Rockwood Lite Weight Trailer... My actual model is not decoded and I know that Rockwood makes more than one light weight model...

ftp://safercar.gov/MfrMail/01-22-N11B-7432.pdf

How about the labels on the camper, there should be a yellow (weight) and a white (tire info) usually on the outside, lower left corner (Driver's side) of the camper. My white label includes the model number in the information. I also found the same labels inside the camper, low on the inside of the door...

A phone call to Forest River might be your best bet!

Good luck!
3.5L V-6 Ecoboost
Time-Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #3

Yes, we actually figured out that the 4 digit number beside the name on the sticker is the model number...don't know how we missed it

Thanks for your reply. I'll delete this right away.
tashley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications