Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

Thumbs down Hub Cap Quesrion?

Does anybody know if this is an original hub cap that came on a 2010 HW296?
This is a replacement I bought a few days ago at Lee's Family Trailers here in Maine for $34.95. It says Driving America on it as well as Series 06, aluminum trailer wheels by HWT, Inc..
This is exactly what's on my trailer when I bought 2 weeks ago.
but it was missing one so while camping up here in Maine I found this one at Lee's brought it back tried it and it fit's, but it's missing the screw took it back they said it don't come with the screw.
But yet there's a bag taped on the inside where it looks like the screw would been.
Went manufacturers web site and give the screw with it, hhhhhmmmmmm?????? Something smells fishy here.
Hey don't get me wrong I shop at Lee's when ever I'm up here, but this is not right.

Some ordered 4 brand new hub caps because the ones on the trailer are scratched as well as the wheels.
So when I get home, I'm gonna remove the scratches and put on the new Hub Caps when they arrive.
They were only $16 a piece so much cheaper than Lee's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150828_18_10_34_Pro 1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	87177  
Cowboy6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #2

I have HWT rims on my 228, but they did not come on the trailer. I purchased them when I went from 13" to 15" rims. And when I received them, the package taped to the back of the center cap had the needed screw. I remember, cause at first I wondered where the screw was, but it was inside the cap.

But that was with a complete set; rim and center cap.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #3

The screw should have been taped to the inside of the cap. I ordered one through Camp World and when I got it that is where is was.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
The screw should have been taped to the inside of the cap. I ordered one through Camp World and when I got it that is where is was.
Yes I know, the one bought had an empty bag taped inside it which should have been a screw in it.
When I went back to see about the screw they told me it don't come with one.
That's funny on the manufacturers website say's you get the screw with the Hub Cap.
Cowboy6201 is offline   Reply With Quote