Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

HW276 Refrigerator

Turned on my HW276 refrigerator last night (propane). This morning the refrigerator was 29 and the freezer was -6. Left the propane on and drove 4 hours. Now the refrigerator is 50 and I can get it to cool. Has the same problem 2 weeks ago bit started cold and got warm.

Does anyone know what is going on and how Incan fix the issue. Help would be appreciated!!!
sgreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #2

It seems to me you may be loosing your 12V power when it was getting cold were you hooked to shore power? Are you sure once unhooked you are getting 12V to the fridge it is required for the propane to work.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #3

Does it have a two way or three way refrigerator?
Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #4

3 way refrigerator. It got cold when It was on shore power and got colder on propane. It has been on propane all day. This issue is confusing. I am now at the CG and level. The sun is down at it is no longer hot and humid. I will see what happens. tonight.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Are you sure once unhooked you are getting 12V to the fridge it is required for the propane to work.
Not necessary for his particular type of refrigerator. On a two way, I'd go that direction though.

My first thoughts are that the propane blew out while you were driving. Was it still running on propane when you arrived? I always ran mine on 12V while driving and switched back when I got there as I couldn't get mine to stay lit. I may run into that problem on my new one as it's on the side as opposed to the rear and less sheltered from wind...we'll see.

Something else that may be an issue is outside temperature. My first trailer had issues when 90+ outside. I never got around to it, but there were quite a few people that added 12V computer case fans and a baffle to help move air across the fins on the outside since they don't cool as well as they could. Were you parked in the shade before you left?
Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #6

One more note. The counter top is warm to the twitch when the refrigerator is running on propane. It that normal?
Old 07-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #7

It could be. Propane tends to cool best and I'm assuming that's because of a hotter heat source. Most three ways I've seen don't have cooling fans to remove heat from the back side. It's most likely just radiant heat build up from the back of the unit.

Tags
refrigerator