Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #1

HW296 Battery Question

My Rockwood WH296 got unplugged and I was not aware of this. The battery went 100% completely dead. After 2 days of charging the amps started dropping and I thought the batter was coming back to life. But I am still getting almost nothing out of the battery. But I am still getting almost nothing out of the battery. It will not raise the hitch or roof.

On the positive side of the battery, they have a copper “plate” that goes to a “block” that 2 of the positive wires connect to. (See picture) One positive wire connects right on the battery terminal. The copper plate leading to the “Block” was badly corroded. I took the copper plate off and cleaned it up, but still almost no power. The battery may not have come back to life, but I need to understand this setup and if it has to be there if I get a new battery. Any idea why they did this setup? Or what that block is? The terminal on the block is much smaller, but I cannot believe that is the only reason they did this….. thoughts or ideas?

Thank you in advance!
Bryon K
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper battery.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	241449  
bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #2

I believe that is a circuit breaker. They are Typically 40-50 amp and will auto reset if tripped. Your electric lift to raise the roof is protected by the device.
MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
Site Team

It appears to be a 12 volt DC circuit breaker. Some are of the auto resetting type, and some are of the manual type that you have to push a button to reset.

This thread will Help:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...et-154141.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:59 PM   #4

If that's corrosion on the circuit breaker, it could be repositioned and even flipped over to stay off the battery.
They are available in plastic housings too.
JRHERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #5

Thank you all.... this helps a lot
bryon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery