Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Jjmark

Hw296 rockwood 2016 water filter

Got new camper this fall. We are trying to Winterize and can't figure out where the water filter is to remove if. Help!
JoniNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 PM   #2

Under the cabinet next to the TV! Or at least that's what I think the guy showed me during walk through!
GoGators904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

Likely to be near pump and behind a plywood panel to keep stuff from falling on it. . If you have a filter think about replacing it. Search threads for filter housing issues We do not have that style camper but good luck!

2018 8329 SS Rockwood /260watts solar
Grn_Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Jjmark

Thanks. We took the panel off and found the water heater and bypass valves. We did not see a filter but when we got the camper there was a filter in a bag. We figured it was a spare replacement but maybe they never installed it to begin with. Will look a little better tomorrow
Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #5

I've heard if FR even put them in the cabinets. Mine us next to the heat tank n pump by I have a hw276
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Is the spare you have just a filter, or the housing also?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:16 AM   #7

Our water filter never stopped leaking so we just took it out.
lakecumberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
Jjmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Is the spare you have just a filter, or the housing also?
Thanks Bob, it is just a filter and a large plastic white wrench
Old 10-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #9

JoniNelson, the filter case should be empty the filter u found should be what u would but in if u decide to use it.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #10
Jjmark

Ok we just need find the filter case Just so I know what I am looking for......what color is it?
Old 10-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #11

It's under the tv in the cabinet
lakecumberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #12

White top n clear cup. 2 lines on it.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #13

Look under the pup and see where the water line from the fresh tank goes and that should help in locating the pump. The filter should be close by. In a hw276 it's in the cabinet next to the fridge.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #14
Jjmark

Yay!!! Filter case has been located (in the cabinet under the TV) There was no filter actually in it so I guess we now have one we can use for next year Thanks you everyone for your help
Old 10-17-2015, 12:00 PM   #15
Jjmark

So I guess I should ask. We ran antifreeze through the line so the filter case is full of antifreeze. People talk about removing the filter during the winter, is it OK to leave the case intact with antifreeze in it or do I need to remove it all together?
Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #16

water filter in Rockwood

We have a 2304s Rockwood TT. Monster filter under bathroom sink. We found water pressure poor especially for showering. Suspected water filter and we wondered why all water coming into trailer had to be filtered. Took it out completely as we do not drink tap water. If we wanted to filter drinking water we would put a small filter under kitchen sink which would filter just your drinking water. Water pressure much improved when we took out big filter. Also, when winterizing with big filter you have to fill it up with antifreeze before you get it all through lines. Love not having this ugly thing that took up so much space under bathroom sink.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #17

You can leave the case as is full of antifreeze. The filter housing is very thin and if you do not put a pressure reducer on the incoming water it will likely crack/flood your camper eventually. I took mine out after it cracked :~(
They are just about useless as most campground water these days is fine right from the tap.....

2018 8329 SS Rockwood /260watts solar
Grn_Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #18

I had the dealer winterize my hw276 last year and they filled the case with antifreeze and left it but I have heard the cases leak (not sure how) so like many others I just removed it and use a filter that I connect to my drinking hose outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445104264302.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	91909  
Old 10-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecumberland View Post
It's under the tv in the cabinet
I had to remove my electric fire under the cabinet. It was barely accesible either through there or the basement walls. Poor design. I had the dealer tke it out and bypassed it and use external filters. Far more convenient and efficent.
bruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #20

When I winterize mine I open the low point drain valves then remove the Water Filter, housing and remove both hoses from the mouting housing. I then replace it with a short hose and male fittings. Next I close the hot (red) & cold (blue) valves at the back of the water heater and open the one on the vertical line between the hot and cold lines. Now i open all of the faucets and use a johnny chock on the toilet and using my air compressor with a tire inflator and an adapter that screws int the City water connection and blow all the water out of the lines ( make sure that you set the psi no greater than 100 psi. Now close all faucets and remove the johnny chock. Next I close the low point drain vales, remove the hose at the water pump(from the fresh water tank) and with a hose about 30 inches long with a connector that fits to the water tank ( a 90 deg. + a small hose clamp)and the other end with no connector put into the RV antifreeze bottle. Now turn on the pump to draw the fluid into all of the lines (you will need to open all of the faucets one at a time to make sure that only pink comes out as there will always be a little water left int the lines). you will need about two gals. to do it. In the spring just reverse the process. the first few times it may take about an hour to do it. Myself I can do it in about 20 min.
Silverado LT Crew Cab 6.0L V8 W/3:73
2023 Rockwood Surveyer Legend 19MDBLE;
Chunky2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, water, water filter