Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

If your PUP has a toilet & Shower do you use the shower

we are using the shower in our 2018 HW296. Nice not having to go to the showers here at the campground and stay right at our site and relax.🙂
My Wife and I used to have a 2008 Starcraft centennial 3612 and we used the shower in that, but the shower curtain was vinyl and really heavy. This new 2018 296 the curtain is cloth and nice and lite.
The slides for the track are much better, my 2010 HW296 i traded for this had the same as my Starcraft which were garbage, it was those u shaped slides with a plastic round wheel on both ends of the u shape slide, and they fell apart way to easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170823_15_06_00_Pro.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	149353  
Cowboy6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #2

My wife uses it, I find it too confining. Be sure curtain is used properly, can have leaks.
cabranch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabranch47 View Post
My wife uses it, I find it too confining. Be sure curtain is used properly, can have leaks.
No note at all so far, except a few days ago my wife was taking a shower and I was standing outside Theo door getting ice out of our portable ice maker and water started pouring out of the door, so I said hey hey water is leaking out of the door, do you have the curtain across the door? She oh no I don't, after that all is good lol.😀
Cowboy6201
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #4

We went camping recently and the campground charges for showers. We chose to use the shower in our Flagstaff Classic 625D. The shower is large enough to move around, but the handle is very short, about 5 ft high so I spent most of the time leaning over. Plus everything is at knee height or lower. It got the job done and was nice to know I can shower in the camper if needed. Considering that we don’t have a gray water tank it is a lot less convenient to use than the shower in your HW.

I think if I’m at a place where I want a shower and nothing is available I will use mine, especially if I have city water available. In most cases I would use the public showers or wait until I get home if it is a short trip.
Myron625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron625 View Post
We went camping recently and the campground charges for showers. We chose to use the shower in our Flagstaff Classic 625D. The shower is large enough to move around, but the handle is very short, about 5 ft high so I spent most of the time leaning over. Plus everything is at knee height or lower. It got the job done and was nice to know I can shower in the camper if needed. Considering that we don’t have a gray water tank it is a lot less convenient to use than the shower in your HW.

I think if I’m at a place where I want a shower and nothing is available I will use mine, especially if I have city water available. In most cases I would use the public showers or wait until I get home if it is a short trip.
They charge for showers at the campground I'm at in Maine most campgrounds charge, Here it's .25 for 8 min. I have sewer hook up on the site I'm on, this site used to be a seasonal rental, but now it's a daily/weekly rental, so my blue tank stays home.
I bought a 30 gal blue tank 10 yrs ago from my neighbor that owns a camping supply store called Camping USA and I get neighbor discount.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:23 AM   #6

We LOVE our shower in our HW277 and use it every trip. So convenient to have and eliminates any griping from the wife about the cleanliness of the campground bathrooms. :-)
RyanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #7

Ok, I have a toilet shower combo in my pop up. I've used the toilet, but not the shower so far. Not because I don't want to, but because I've only been camping for 2 or 3 days at a time. And since I tent camped previously over the weekend, I was used to not taking a shower and waiting til I returned home. I am looking forward to trying mine though.

Now, on the same topic, I left the outer privacy curtain attached to the ceiling rail when I was packing up the trailer. When I opened the trailer for the following trip, it caught on something as I was opening the roof and it pulled the rail down. I have not been able to get the rail attached back to the ceiling yet.

So now I have to use the shower curtain as my privacy curtain when using the toilet.

11 Nights in California so far.

LilHorse&buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy6201 View Post
No note at all so far, except a few days ago my wife was taking a shower and I was standing outside Theo door getting ice out of our portable ice maker and water started pouring out of the door, so I said hey hey water is leaking out of the door, do you have the curtain across the door? She oh no I don't, after that all is good lol.[emoji3]

Ha......[emoji23]
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #9

If your PUP has a toilet & Shower do you use the shower

We just started using our shower after two years in our 2516G. With some modifications, new shower head and hanging it higher, we love it!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post
We just started using our shower after two years in our 2516G. With some modifications, new shower head and hanging it higher, we love it!
I wanna hang mine in my HW296, how did u hang it?
Cowboy6201
Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy6201 View Post
I wanna hang mine in my HW296, how did u hang it?

I purchased a clear piece of plexiglass approximately 12"X12" then sanded/rounded the four corners so they are not sharp, for obvious reasons. Then from the top corners of the plexiglass I drilled two small holes about 2" in towards the center of the plexiglass.

Next, I used two 4" bungie cords and placed one bungie hook in one of the drilled holes and another bungie hook in the other drilled hole, and hung it from the shower curtain track inside the shower.

We then purchased a suction cup shower-head holder and suction cup soap/shampoo dish and suctioned them on the plexiglass. Works great and looks very clean! I think it cost me less than $20. We are going camping next Thursday so I'll send you pics.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #12

I bought a longer hose and the "Gaoyu Adjustable Handheld Shower Head Holder Bracket" on Amazon. I mounted the bracket on the ceiling and it works great.
robdotcomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:52 PM   #13

I love the shower in our 2014 276 HW
I just lay a towel on the floor outside the door and no problem
stonefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #14

I use mine. I have the Rockwood A194HW (a-frame). Mine has no hard sides, only a shower curtain. After showering I hang the shower curtain outside and it dries quickly. I can then put the "lid" back down and use it to set things on (I only use the toilet at night and shower in the morning). I like the (above) idea of hanging a holder for the handheld shower head--I might get one!

I keep a towel on the floor outside of the shower while using it.
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #15

I've used both showers, but only when boondocking. I rarely go to an RV park with any kind of hookups, so boondocking is generally it. Here in Colorado, only State and private campgrounds have showers. The Federal parks and wide-open camping in the national forests have no amenities, except, possibly, pit toilets. Our HW is awesome in these conditions.

The RV shower is not as powerful, and the shower is a tight fit (I'm 6'6" and 250#). Campground showers are superior in every way even if they require quarters.

What I truly like is the outdoor shower. In many boondocking scenarios, there's more than enough privacy to simply shower outside. I have a rubber entry mat that makes an excellent shower mat. One advantage is that a 12 gallon gray tank fills quickly enough without showers, so I'm just as happy to dump shower water straight on the ground.

When boondocking, fresh water and battery power (for the pump) are also precious, so the outdoor shower has an added benefit. I can stand up and water from my head reaches my feet. I use a washcloth and the shutoff to wash with the water off, scrub well, then a quick rinse. 2 to 3 gallons max for a good shower.
In situations with questionable privacy, my TV and some beach towels make a nice shower stall.

I can usually comfortably go from Friday arrival to late Sunday departure without a shower...just 2 days. But if I hike or engage in other strenuous activity, the shower is a wonderful option.

I also carry 4 x 7 gallon "Reliance" brand fresh water jugs, so I effectively have just over 50 gallons of fresh water. I've been out as many as 4 days, and I've always come home with some water.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #16

3rd travel trailer and have never used the shower in any of them.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #17

Yes, we use it whenever the campground showers are too gross. We just be sure to run the A/C when we are showering to keep the PUP from being to humid, and it works great! But it's best when we are connected to water. Otherwise it's a very short shower when you are drydocking.
Pom_Mom1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #18

I challenged my husband to modify the shower so that I could have the shower head spray down on me and not have to keep bending down by the toilet. It works great and unscrews for storage and when the shower is not in use. It has made showering in a confined space easier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4841.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	150072
rsjamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #19

Nice @Rsjamore how'd he attach it?
Pom_Mom1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:27 AM   #20

We use ours if the campground showers are gross and not very clean. I do find the unit to be smaller than my cassette toilet shower combo in my previous pop up. We were not happy when we discovered that Rockwood made it smaller! How much worse can you get?

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower