Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Is there any way to adjust the roof (left to right) ?

On my 625D when I put up the roof it shifted to right (door side) too far.

It causes a big gap around the door.

Is there some way to adjust the cables or something to get it centered ?

Thanks,
Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #2

Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
On my 625D when I put up the roof it shifted to right (door side) too far.

It causes a big gap around the door.

Is there some way to adjust the cables or something to get it centered ?

Thanks,
Bean
No answer but if the popup is not on level ground or leveled with chocks when roof raised it can have a lean causing your issue.
goody59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

I used to have one of those too, level is a must....you can raise the opposite side to level it out if it is sitting too far still with it level. I used to have a BAL leveler that goes under the tire. It worked great . BAL Light Trailer Tire Leveler - product summary - Bing Shopping
novaken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #4

Can you post pic?

Also are you talking from front to rear?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Flagstaff 625D Popup

No not front to back, it is offset side to side. The door side of the roof is further out than the non-door side.

Yeah it is level. I even tried making the door side a little higher (thinking that would push the roof toward the non-door side but it doesn't.

I can push the roof from the door side and and get it centered, but is just pushes right back when I let go.

The roof IS level. In other words, is is not tilted in any direction. It is just offset towards the door side.

It is even worse if I put the awning out. I guess the awning pulls on the roof somewhat.

When I install full door, the bottom is flush but up where it changes from hard-side to tenting there is about a 1/2 gap on both the left and right side where the door is pushing away from the camper side.

Next time I have it opened I'll try to remember to get some pictures of it.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #6

from what your saying, i can only think this is normal, as most problems start when the roof does not go up level on all sides or ends. perhaps the stress of the awning has caused the telescoping poles to loosen up towards the door side of the camper. I had this with our coachman clipper, and i was sure it was caused by the tension of the awning pulling the roof to the same direction. It was never an issue for me ... however you may want to put a level up against your telescopic poles, just for fun, and lessen the stress from the top side supports of your awning.

hope this helps .. d-mo
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #7

I've got the same exact issue on my 228... I've been thinking of ways to force the roof to a straight position but so far have got nothing. I am guessing the roof had been stressed from the awning. I may end up rigging some rope on the opposite side of the roof to correct this.
Nottow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #8

ok ... seriously the roof on these trailers can sway from 3 inches one side to 3 inches the other side ... this is how they take up tolances in heavy wind storms. Allow for for 4 inches of sway in your roof ... which means ...dont stretch the crap out of your cancas/tenting .. dont over extend your lift system ..