Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2021, 09:32 AM   #1

Is this a concern?

Good morning FR community!

I’m getting our pop up ready to go out again this morning for an extended weekend, and I noticed something odd going on with our roof:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	259207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0355.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	259208Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0354.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	259209

I first saw this when cleaning off the roof a year or so ago for winter storage, but it’s definitely occurring in more places now. Is it a concern? I haven’t noticed any leakage inside, and it looks like it’s just the textured laminate moving or bunching up. Not sure what would be causing that.

The camper is a 2015 2516G model.

Thanks for any insight you can lend, folks!

Jeff
Jharness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jharness81 View Post

I’m getting our pop up ready to go out again this morning for an extended weekend, and I noticed something odd going on with our roof:

Attachment 259207Attachment 259208Attachment 259209

I first saw this when cleaning off the roof a year or so ago for winter storage, but it’s definitely occurring in more places now. Is it a concern? I haven’t noticed any leakage inside, and it looks like it’s just the textured laminate moving or bunching up. Not sure what would be causing that.

Jeff
The two long straight lines are roof support "ribs". However the other irregular stuff including what is running down the middle of the roof ribs looks like the dreaded delamination
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #3

Took me a minute to search these forums for delamination:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...es-163268.html

There are other photos that look more like yours if you care to search yourself.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:59 PM   #4

my roof has a couple spots that are similar to yours. One spot even split open. Put some eternabond bond tape on it as well as the other spot in case that one splits open. So far no damage as far as i can tell. no soft spots yet.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #5

Is this a concern?

Quote:

Attachment 259207Attachment 259208Attachment 259209

Jeff

It loos like delamination which unfortunately has been is an issue with the FR pop-up roofs.

Our 2016 FR Rockwood Premier 2516 roof started to delaminate over the first two years. I started noticing the spider webbing over a two year period when washing and waxing. Never had any water leaks. Anyway, reported it to FR and it was covered under the roof warranty. Had the entire roof replaced and no more delamination.

Your issue looks very similar to the one we had minus the long cracks.
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:18 PM   #6

I bought mine second hand but got all the warranty paperwork. The factory warrant only applies to the original purchaser
Old 07-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #7

Has any of this ever been attributed to using covers? We keep a camco all weather ventilated cover on our pop up to keep the elements off of it. You think that is exacerbating the issue?
Jharness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Has any of this ever been attributed to using covers? We keep a camco all weather ventilated cover on our pop up to keep the elements off of it. You think that is exacerbating the issue?

I covered the camper after I noticed the spider webbing cracks/ delamination. Don’t believe the cover exacerbated the delamination. Once the roof was replaced I continued to cover it over the next three years and no delamination occurred on the new roof.
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:35 PM   #9

Quote:
I suspect the issue is more heat/sun related causing air to expand in the glue that is applied which causes the bubbling/rippling/lifting.