Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #1

Exclamation Lights and Vent Fan working on 120V but not battery

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I just recently bought a Palomino P280 Tent trailer (2010). The unit is in fantastic shape and I am very excited to get out for our first trip.

In preparation, I replaced the battery today (the one in it was shot). After cranking the trailer up, and flipping the sink module up to the upright position, I have no interior lights. The water pump switch works and the pump fires up. But no vent fan, no lights, no gas detector.

I triple checked the terminals and the are on correctly.

Plug the trailer into the 120V of my house and BAM! we have electricity.

The guy I bought it off said he recently had the converter replaced in the unit. I've tested all the fuses and everything seems to be in order. I am lost for what I am missing here.

We are (were) planning to to our first trip in the trailer this weekend and the site we have booked unfortunately is unserviced... It could be a dark weekend if I don't resolve this.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers,

Mark
cbtucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtucks View Post
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I just recently bought a Palomino P280 Tent trailer (2010). The unit is in fantastic shape and I am very excited to get out for our first trip.

In preparation, I replaced the battery today (the one in it was shot). After cranking the trailer up, and flipping the sink module up to the upright position, I have no interior lights. The water pump switch works and the pump fires up. But no vent fan, no lights, no gas detector.

I triple checked the terminals and the are on correctly.

Plug the trailer into the 120V of my house and BAM! we have electricity.

The guy I bought it off said he recently had the converter replaced in the unit. I've tested all the fuses and everything seems to be in order. I am lost for what I am missing here.

We are (were) planning to to our first trip in the trailer this weekend and the site we have booked unfortunately is unserviced... It could be a dark weekend if I don't resolve this.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers,

Mark
Sometimes, on FR popups there is an resettable inline fuse coming from the battery to the converter that runs under the trailer. It will have a small black button on the side to push back in. Do you have a switch on you swing up sink?,.........not sure of this brand or model. If so, do you have power there?
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #3
Site Team

X2 for the fuse near the tongue. Also, do you have a battery disconnect?

I'd check the switch at the galley to make sure it's made (closed) when you flipped the sink up. It doesn't take much to hold the galley up enough to keep the switch from closing.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtucks View Post
The water pump switch works and the pump fires up. But no vent fan, no lights, no gas detector.
This is telling me that the battery is connected and working, so it's not an issue with an inline fuse. If it were, the pump wouldn't work either. Galley switch is my first thought since it seems to be limited to roof 12V, but it works when plugged in and I wouldn't think that the converter would be wired around it. It almost has to be a loose connection at the converter.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
This is telling me that the battery is connected and working, so it's not an issue with an inline fuse. If it were, the pump wouldn't work either. Galley switch is my first thought since it seems to be limited to roof 12V, but it works when plugged in and I wouldn't think that the converter would be wired around it. It almost has to be a loose connection at the converter.
X2
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, fan, light, vent