Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2022, 04:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 5
Looking for Bathroom Door High Wall Rockwood hw296

Hello,

I know a lot of people prefer not using it, so I am hoping somebody have a spare bathroom door I can buy. Anybody within driving distance from Charlotte NC with a HW296/HW29SC bathroom door available?

To make a story short I bought a used camper and the person selling it didn't know what the door was for so they throw it away. I am having no luck finding one so any help would be appreciate it!

Thanks!
Justone20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Tarpon Springs FL
Posts: 890
Interior doors can be found at all big hardware stores
they can be trimmed to the size you need.
They can arrange installation too

you may have to finish the door .. stain or paint

for hinged door take measurements inside door jamb
height x width x thickness
then minus
1/4 inch for width
1"(or more) for height

standard interior door thickness is ...... 1 1/4 inch


sliding pocket door .... height has to match the track style
__________________
Tarpon Springs FL
2022 Salem 24RLXL
Aussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
Interior doors can be found at all big hardware stores
they can be trimmed to the size you need.
They can arrange installation too

you may have to finish the door .. stain or paint

for hinged door take measurements inside door jamb
height x width x thickness
then minus
1/4 inch for width
1"(or more) for height

standard interior door thickness is ...... 1 1/4 inch


sliding pocket door .... height has to match the track style
Thank you for that. Unfortunately this is a high wall pop up camper and the hardware of the door and design is specific to hold together walls while up and then removed when taking apart. How would i find the hardware and stuff for that you know?
Justone20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Tarpon Springs FL
Posts: 890
a local rv dealer near you may be able to get the parts
OR

try contacting rockwood



Rockwood Customer Service
574-642-8943
rockwoodowners@forestriverinc.com
__________________
Tarpon Springs FL
2022 Salem 24RLXL
Aussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,267
Again?

I'm sure I responded to this exact query a few weeks ago.

Why not find one at an RV salvage yard near you? Here's an NC list. I'm sure you can search for RV Salvage Yard SC.

https://www.yellowpages.com/charlott...-salvage-yards

https://camperfaqs.com/rv-salvage-ya...north-carolina

https://camperrock.com/rv-salvage-ya...orth-carolina/

https://rtrvg.com/blog/2017/07/22/us...ards-by-state/

Also try a search for HW296 parts. I found several results for that, too.

Let us know how it comes out.
__________________
Larry

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Campworthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 222
I've ordered several parts for my HW27KS thru Forest River. I would definitely recommend emailing them asking them if they can supply you with a door.

Yes, the door is definitely unique and can't be replaced by a regular door cut to size, unless you are super talented with some amazing vision & a skill set to match!

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/conta...pop-up-campers
__________________
2018 Flagstaff HW27ks
2019 Toyota Tundra
Campworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
a local rv dealer near you may be able to get the parts
OR

try contacting rockwood



Rockwood Customer Service
574-642-8943
rockwoodowners@forestriverinc.com
Thank you, my closest RV dealers say they are not showing it available on their system. I called Rockwood and they say they'll let me know if they run across one but they don't make them anymore. So hopefully something comes up!
Justone20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
I'm sure I responded to this exact query a few weeks ago.

Why not find one at an RV salvage yard near you? Here's an NC list. I'm sure you can search for RV Salvage Yard SC.

https://www.yellowpages.com/charlott...-salvage-yards

https://camperfaqs.com/rv-salvage-ya...north-carolina

https://camperrock.com/rv-salvage-ya...orth-carolina/

https://rtrvg.com/blog/2017/07/22/us...ards-by-state/

Also try a search for HW296 parts. I found several results for that, too.

Let us know how it comes out.
Thank you Larry...I will give this salvage places a try!
Justone20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campworthy View Post
I've ordered several parts for my HW27KS thru Forest River. I would definitely recommend emailing them asking them if they can supply you with a door.

Yes, the door is definitely unique and can't be replaced by a regular door cut to size, unless you are super talented with some amazing vision & a skill set to match!

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/conta...pop-up-campers
Thank you....I already contacted Forest River/Rockwood and they say they no longer make them or carry them but will let me know if they come across one... Right now I wish I had the vision and skills to make it for sure, but I don't
Justone20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:03 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,927
Shipping might get spendy but Robert's RV in Denver is known for their stock of Rockwood/Flagstaff PUP parts. They have a rental fleet so have to keep parts in stock. Good people, reasonable prices. They are my first call for A-frame parts.

https://robertssales.com/

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame (bought at Robert's)
2022 Hyundai Palisade
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bathroom, door, hw296, rockwood, roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.