RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #1

Low point water drains

New to the site, first post. We have acquired 2014 Rockwood HW277, and I cannot find a reference or picture for the hot and cold low point water drains. First campout went great, just want to know in case something comes up. Thanks for the help!
Krod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

they are usually pretty clear and easy to find. If it has an enclosed underbelly you probably have 4 lines coming down. 3 will have shut offs. two together would be your hot and cold low point drains. the third your fresh water tank. and then the forth may or may not have a cap or a plug and it would be a fresh water tank over flow.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #3

You have a tent trailer and they are different from full size travel trailer. I believe the fresh water drain valve is inside a cabinet, perhaps under the sink. I don't know about the low point drains, perhaps someone familiar with your trailer will come on the forum and help out.

Here is a pretty lengthy You Tube video about the HW277 you may want to take a look at. This guy gives some fine detail on setting up your camper. I didn't watch the whole thing since it is a little over 45 minutes long but I'll bet he will cover what you need to know.

Well I went ahead and scanned it but I looks like the fresh water tank drain wasn't covered but it looked like some good info on setup and take down of the unit

Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #4

The setup and take down went well. No speed records, but it will get better with use. I was hoping the drains would be on the outside like our ols coleman, but alas. When I pop it up tomorrow to reorganize, I will check the cabinets. Thanks for the link on the setup video. Always helps to watch the pros!
Krod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:01 AM   #5
Site Team

Moved to Tent Campers/Popups sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:07 AM   #6
Site Team

Itís also possible that it doesnít have any low point drains. My Flagstaff TT didnít have any. The only drain was the FW. You drained the hot water from the anode, the water lines just got blown out before getting antifreeze.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #7

We had the Flagstaff version of this pup. The low point drains are behind the outside kitchen. Access them while the kitchen is out and you will find them from inside by opening the cabinet door behind the outside kitchen. They are together and each have a pop up type valve. At least this was the set up on our 2013.
spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #8

low point drain on popup HW

I had an 2018 HW27C Forest River Flagstaff and the low point valves were inside at the back of a cabinet near the rear bunk. If you didn't know where to look you probably wouldn't be on your knees looking in the back of a small dark storage cabinet. Underneath you could see the hoses poking through the the floor.

Only the walk through and familiarization guy showed it tow us.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #9

yep as spurticus said - they were in the cabinet that holds the pull out kitchen. They are right next to the back wall. To drain the lines, pull up on the valve. (ours leaked a bit,so we replaced ours with ball valves - worked much better)
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #10

I've had two trailers with low point drains which I had given up on ever finding. Eventually, while crawling around underneath, I found the tubes sticking down through the floor. Once I knew where the drains were, I was able to find the valves.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, water