Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2022, 07:41 PM   #1

Manual override 1910esp

My popup is in raised position and winch not lowering tent, I don't even hear the motor clicking. Removing the cover to access manual override nut, I found it half aligned below the frame of tow hitch. I can't even get an open-end wrench to ty turning the gears. Anything I can try?
Hadabshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadabshone View Post
My popup is in raised position and winch not lowering tent, I don't even hear the motor clicking. Removing the cover to access manual override nut, I found it half aligned below the frame of tow hitch. I can't even get an open-end wrench to ty turning the gears. Anything I can try?
You took the round port cover off the plastic winch cover and there was not a nut to turn inside that hole?

Might help to know what year you are working on?

On a later model forest river camper with carefree of Colorado winch there is a round cover on the "door side" of the plastic cover over the winch (opposite side of the switch). Under that cover you can see a nut on the end of the electric motor shaft that you can rotate. Mine was the same size as the manual Stab. jack tool.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:33 PM   #3

Its a 2018 model.
The plastic port hole is about 2" off alignment from center of nut. Nut is partially below metal frame (the winch is bolted between the metal frame).
Old 03-28-2022, 10:31 PM   #4

Sounds to me like the bolts holding the winch in place have broken and the entire winch is now out of place. I don't have a solution, only a guess as to what the problem is.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Its a 2018 model.
The plastic port hole is about 2" off alignment from center of nut. Nut is partially below metal frame (the winch is bolted between the metal frame).
I was going to suggest that perhaps someone tried to open the roof when latched so it bent the angled steel that the motor is bolted to so now the nut is out of line with the hole.

The steel should be about even with the back edge of the plastic cover over the winch and not bent down.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #6

How to lower canopy

I have a 2018 Rockwood 1910esp with powerwinch winch. Canopy lowered about one feet and winch went out. Its either the motor or relay pack.
How can I lower the canopy so I can tow for repair shop? The manual override nut is not accessible with drill or wrench.
I don't want to tow with a partially raised canopy.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:25 PM   #7

2:37

Are you saying that that isn't accessible (if yours is the same)?
Old 04-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #8

There HAS to be a manual nut to turn to lower the roof. Did you remove the cover on top to find locate it?

If its not lined up with the hole on the plastic cover its likely because someone tried to open the roof while latched and it bent the angled plate the motor is attached too.

There is just no way there is not a manual method to lower that roof.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:08 PM   #9

Override nut not accessible

The nut is halfway below tongue frame.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
The nut is halfway below tongue frame.
So the angled plate is bent. What about a ratchet and socket or a ratcheting wrench? It will take a long time but that's what you got:

https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-of...-pc-68834.html

If its the goshen lift system I do know of a way to get it closed but it would likely result in damage or injury so I'm not going to write that out.

Tags
manual