Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #1

Mold and mildew

I have mold and mildew on the inside of my flagstaff mac pop up. The vent fan was leaking and it got my back bunk with mold and mildew. I tryed a mold and mildew remover and it helped a little. The mold is on the fabric that you unzip to look outside from your bunk. I want to know if you guys had this before? And how to clean it all off. It's on the inside of the bunk too.
delb2917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

And another thing. I want to know if I use vinegar and water if it will kill the mold and I can still sleep inside the camper?
delb2917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #3

I was always taught to use a chlorine solution (Clorox is an example) to kill and remove mildew stains. This was on painted surfaces on boats. But DO NOT mix ammonia and chlorine based cleaners under any circumstances!

To prevent condensation (and mildew) always have at least 2 points of ventilation cracked. Humans (and pets) sleeping exhale a lot of water vapor that will condense on a cold surface.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by delb2917 View Post
And another thing. I want to know if I use vinegar and water if it will kill the mold and I can still sleep inside the camper?
Use 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and pickling vinegar as both are safer than chlorine and will penetrate the porous materials. https://www.uexpress.com/first-aid-f...ht-mold-growth
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold