Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #1

New 2280BH

Hi all,

We just purchased a new 2280 bh. This is our first trailer so we're trying to figure everything out. When we bought it the dealership spent quite a while going over everything but we've since forgot a few things.

1. The shower and sink drain are on opposite sides. They (the RV dealership) had told us to get an old garden hose (so 2, one for each grey water drain) cut the top off and shove it up there and the water wil drain out of there. This makes no sense to me. You can't just hope it stays in place..it'll fall out and water will be everywhere, right? So I was going to the the connection on Amazon to put a hose on it and then drain it into the sewer. While someone is showering well just switch the hose to the shower side, otherwise we'll keep it on the sink side. Does that sound like its a functional idea? I do not want to have to purchase one of those rolling totes.

2. If anyone has this model, we can't figure out what one of the connections on the left side is for. I'll try to post a picture if I can figure it out. But I'll explain it the best I can. On the opposite side (side where the grill is and the door is) there a connector for the propane, for the grill. Well on the left side there a black opening that looks exactly like that, but nothing inside. All I can see is wood from inside the camper. We can't figure out what this is. It's wired for AC but does not have the AC unit. So is this where it would plug into?

Please excuse any spelling errors. It is by far not my strong point.
Toriritter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #2

Hi
Congrats on the new rig!
Not sure about an answer for number 1.
But number 2 is an extra hatch if you had your shore power line inside the camper. It is that way on my 2317g.
Good luck.

Me the missus and three hooligans!
2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
2011 Honda Pilot
3hooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Question 2 it might be the opening for the AC power cord. If you had AC you would have to plug it in b4 you raise the top.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #4

Congrats on your camper. I have the same model, unless you only camp at parks with full hook ups you will have to get a portable holding tank. Its not that big of a deal. I use a 5 gallon water bottle for the sink drain. Each morning I would go dump toilet tank and grey water tanks took all of 10 minutes, just make sure you have some latex gloves. We love our camper and can't wait for spring to get here so we can enjoy another season. Have fun with all the mods you come up with
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Question 2 it might be the opening for the AC power cord. If you had AC you would have to plug it in b4 you raise the top.
I don't have air, but the trailer was pre-wired for air and my belief is it goes through the fuse panel and to the plug via the same plug I used now.
The dealer told me what that hole was for, but forgot.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #6

My pup hw276 came with a factory AC and I have to plug a 110v 20a cord that comes out of the lower side of the pup and plug it into an outlet on the side or the roof b4 I raise the top. I'll see if I have pics on the computer.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #7

1. I used a 5 gal Barker with my Coleman for 20 yrs. Didn't have a shower, only needed to deal with sink drain.

Here's the Barker site:

Original - Barker Manufacturing

Here's a 15 gal low profile made for pups. Probably better than a 5 gal one since you have the shower.

http://www.barkermfg.com/uploads/5/4...ent_camper.pdf

I would think you'd need to run one hose from your sink drain and one from your shower drain to the tank. Would have to swap them as you use each one, unless you can get a Tee or Y connection and hook them together.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #8

You need two of these... Amazon.com: Valterra T01-0091VP 1-1/2" x 3/4" 90° Drain Connector: Automotive

For your hoses.......buy two 25' rubber hoses, not garden hoses. They will kink and not allow water to flow.......been through two sets of vinyl garden hoses until I learned.
I came up with an idea for the shower side of our 2516g.... http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-97538.html
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:28 AM   #9

I guess I went to the extreme. I relocated the shower drain to the left side of the camper using 1 1/2 pvc pipe and fittings so it will exit on the left side of camper just in case I ever get to go to a park that has full hook ups. Used the 1 1/2 inch to 3 inch adapter that was here on the forums. If no full hook ups, at least the the tank is on the side of camper where no one will trip over it.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
My pup hw276 came with a factory AC and I have to plug a 110v 20a cord that comes out of the lower side of the pup and plug it into an outlet on the side or the roof b4 I raise the top. I'll see if I have pics on the computer.
Ok, I get it now.
The cord you plug into the unit is coming from the converter box, and the standard power cord from the converter is plugged into the pedestal or generator! Got it! So you have two cords coming out of the side.

That explains the label on my converter for a 20A AC breaker that would be installed in breaker located C if I had AC installed.

But, I also have some very heavy gauge wire running up to the roof along with rather thin gauge wiring used for lights/fan. And I know the thinner gauge wire runs the lights and fans cause I disconnected it once when troubleshooting an electrical problem.

I always assumed the heavy gauge wire was for future AC install, since the dealer told me it was framed and wired for future AC. Not going to worry about it, since AC will never be installed, and with the trailer buried in the snow, I ain't going anywhere near it, except to sweep off the roof after each storm. (Keeps snowing, I may lose site of the trailer till spring.)

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #11

f5moab
not sure what my panel says but im sure the cord i hasve to plug in to power the AC unit is protected. (ill be looking at that in the spring now) here is some pics of the power cord i have to plug in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	96672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	96673  
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #12

f5moab
your pup could have wires for the AC already, my pup is a 2015 rockwood hw276 which could be different then your pup. they change things all the time. like i bought my pup in may of 2014 (it was built april 2014) but in aug 2014 FR started installing a monitor \for the battery, black,gray and fresh tanks. not a big deal other then the black tank is above floor, below toilet (not accessible)
Old 12-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #13

I purchased a T connector for my hoses. Also connectors from drain to hose. All from amazon at minimal cost. I've had my popup for about 3 months and love it. Good camping and have fun!

2015 Rockwood Freedom 2280
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Spiritmagicwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags