Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 05:52 PM   #1

New Popup Rockwood 2280 extreme sport

I’m ordering a 2280 bhesp. I’m not sure if we’ll have it delivered or go pick it up. My questions are some little things...
1. Can I leave the beds made up? I know the pillows can’t stay but can I leave a gel pad and sheets and blanket on the beds.
2. Do you treat popup roofs? I had a bumper pull and I treated the roof at least 2 times a year. Suggestions? And do you cover yours?
Crexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Sheets and blankets if flat can usually be left on bed. Gel pad will depend on thickness. I have always covered my TTs and they were almost like new after 5-7 yrs. If don right it protects decals and roof.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #3

We just got our 2280, have had it opened up twice (at home, getting it "set up" to camp). Just this weekend we put the 2" gel foam mattress pads on it and I will say, putting the top down today, it was defiantly noticeable. I'm not sure if it will cause any negative outcomes, but I can say adding sheets, blankets and comforters and leaving them on would probably not work. I spent a good 12 years selling these things and I can't say that I remember treating a popup roof as a factor of maintenance. There are a couple of things I don't like about this particular model/floor plan. 1. we have the shower/toilet option, which leaves ZERO room for storage, with absolutely NO OUTSIDE ACCESS to storage (except the front cargo rack), which when we begin storing it at home instead of off site will be fine as I bought a couple Husky water proof boxes at the HomeDepot which will store electric cords/jack pads, and the other Water hoses/filters etc; just can't secure them offsite.. and 2. someone at FR / RW thought it a good idea to install the on board Water Filter system in the storage compartment under the dinette which houses the inverter/distribution panel, and to make it all even more ridiculous, they literally installed the filter canister ON TOP of the Inverter, so, when you open it to replace the filter, you better make sure ALL WATER is out of the lines before you open it, or you're going to have a much larger expense than a replacement filter. I cut it out today and just reconnected the water lines; I think I'm going to outfit it to utilize outside when we hook up to city water connection or I may relocate it to the other dinette storage compartment; we're going to camp a few times to game plan it.
rschramm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
280, rockwood, sport