Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1

No 12 V lights

I have a 2007 Flagstaff LTD model 208. My interior lights only work on AC. Battery is in place and has a charge. HELP!!!!
532 grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #2

Look for a fuse or "resettable fuse" (see picture) within a couple of feet of the battery in the positive cable.

Name:   image-585351510.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  12.4 KB
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #3

You may also have a 30 amp flat fuse between the battery and the converter that is blown. Start with the hot wire from the battery and trace it back toward the trailer. Sometimes there is a fuse within in the first foot or so.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #4

12 V lights

Thanks guys for the advice it is appreciated.
532 grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #5

Returning from a long trip yesterday, I lost all 12 volt. Fortunately I have seen several threads on this forum about the resettable fuse and knew where to look. The frustrating thing was it kept tripping. After resetting it several times, I opened the battery box only to find that the dealer never tightened the battery connections. They must have only figure tighten them as we have had the trailer since March with no problems.

Once I tightened up the connections, no more problems! Just a suggestion to check the batter connections if you are tripping the fuse.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
Returning from a long trip yesterday, I lost all 12 volt. Fortunately I have seen several threads on this forum about the resettable fuse and knew where to look. The frustrating thing was it kept tripping. After resetting it several times, I opened the battery box only to find that the dealer never tightened the battery connections. They must have only figure tighten them as we have had the trailer since March with no problems.

Once I tightened up the connections, no more problems! Just a suggestion to check the batter connections if you are tripping the fuse.
hello,where was the resettable fuse?i have no 12 volt power on my trailer also.check the fuse near the battery,its good.
marcus220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
Site Team

marcus, should be between the battery and the front of the trailer box, along the A-frame. usually tucked into the C-channel.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light