Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #1

No electric

Last summer before leaving on last outing the electric went out on my 2006 tent trailer. I had plugged into my house electric to charge while I packed. No lights & it shut off breaker on my house outlet. Battery is a couple of years old. There had been a melted fuse between battery @ trailer. Replaced that with new fuse & connection wire. Had worked on battery after that fix but not after it blew fuse on outlet. Just now getting trailer out to use this year. Can I just plug it in to electric on my house or would that be a disaster
Remark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Probably need a little clarification. Fuses are usually associated with 12VDC and circuit breakers are associated with shore power 120VAC. You should work on them one at a time. You can connect the TT to you home outlet, but if you have a GFCI protected home outlet you are plugging into try one that is not GFCI outlet. Also limit what you run in the TT unless you know what is running on that circuit in the house. You also need to check for a tripped GFCI outlet in the TT. There is almost always one someplace usually in bathroom or kitchen, but sometime outside.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric