Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #1

Power

I'm in a FR Premier 2516 pop up. When we hooked up yesterday, the fan was running in the fuse box which had never happened before. Overhead lights came on even before we lifted the galley sink, also never happened before. In order to turn the fan off, I had to turn a 15 amp switch off. All was okay and everything powered up, but this morning, some things turn on and others will not. Any ideas?
kelleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Does yours have the switch to cut power to the lights when the top goes down? Might be bad. Another possibility may be a pinched wire creating a circuit.

The fan normally runs when a load is put on the converter, like a low battery or a bunch of lights.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #3

Ok! Husband had cut the switch off and now the lights work...right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...nothing new there! Now...the fan is running...since we're plugged into campground power source, does the health of the camper battery gone into play?
kelleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Turn all the lights off and see if the fan is still running. Check the battery with a volt meter to see what the current voltage is.

Unplug the camper, wait 30 minutes or so then check the battery voltage again.

If it is at or above 12.5 volts you should be okay, but I would check with the converter plugged up too, to make sure there is not an issue. If your converter is doing it's job you should get a voltage reading of around 13.2v when it is in resting mode, and the fan should not be running. Anything higher than that after the converter has been plugged up for a while I would suspect a battery or converter problem. Start with the battery first. Have it charged and load tested.

you also need to check the water level in the battery, if it needs a bit use distilled water to top up the cells, recharge and check the voltage again.

Easier for me to show this than explain it...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power