Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

problem with crank on my flagstaff

I have a 08 flagstaff and had a problem with the crank cable being very tight. It also snapped on me last season. I repaired it myself but still is very tight. i even greased the hell out of it. Is there any one that has had this problem. Should i bring it in to get repaired. I am starting the camping season off in memorial day. I just dont want the troubles again.
kctcamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
CampeRooo

A tight cable is usually the sign of something else going wrong. Probably not a bad idea to get it in before your season starts unless you know a lot about the lift system. I had a chain drive in my ole '86 and I spent about 3 weeks working on it to get the lid to lift again and all 4 corners at the same time...sold it off shortly after that, the repair was going to cost me more than the camper was worth at the time. I hope the fix for yours is easier than what mine was. In many of the pup forums, I read the cable lift systems usually have a problem with one of the pulley's coming loose and causing it to bind. Any kind of moisture in the floor that it's screwed into and they start letting go. Good luck

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #3

im hoping its an easy fix too. i scheduled a repair for next week. When i purchase the camper it was in very excellent condition inside and out. even had both my buddies who been camping since they where young check it out with me. Not of us even thought to inspect the crank. Other then that the camper is awesome. Anyone out there have an idea of the cost to repair it. Cant wait to start the camping season memorial day weekend.
kctcamm is offline   Reply With Quote