Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1

Problem with table

We took our new-to-us 625D out for the first time last weekend. One small problem we noticed was that the table legs seem quite cheaply made, and the table wobbled a lot. The previous owner must have had a similar issue, as they'd left a deck of cards on the floor under the table, and by inserting them under one of the legs it stopped the wobbling.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? We'd like to be able to fix it more permanently than with a deck of cards propping up the table, especially since we've got a couple of grandbabies who will be toddlers in the next couple of years, and I'm afraid if they climb on to it or try to grab it we might have it collapse on them.
ute_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #2

If it has the same table as our 2280BH had, there's probably not much you can do. Having to store the table in the "down" position basically meant that it was only supported by the outside edges of the table. I think it was the combination of weight and humidity that started to cause the table to warp slightly over time. It started to wobble just slightly towards the end. If I had to do it over again, I'd alternate between storing it upside down and right side up.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #3

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I would have said it was the legs that were the problem -- not the table top, but I'll have to look at it again. It almost seems like the bottom of one of the legs had been bent, and was therefore shorter than the one next to it that formed the other part of the part the table stands on.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #4

It may very well be the legs. With my table, you could see the top slightly bowed and it wasn't always like that, so I'm pretty sure that was my problem. If yours looks straight, I'd suspect the legs.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
daydreaming about camping

On a prior PUP I installed a track on the wall and table to that at height, it was attached to the wall, not just free standing on the legs to help handle load and also stabilize the table.

If I had it to do over again, I would think about installing pedestal bases like these instead of the folding legs.
RUSSELL PRODUCTS MA-1119 - Russell Products Pedestal Base Standard #7701 6-5/8" MA-1119 - RV Plus

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #6

Good suggestion on the pedestal base. We started off with a 1979 Coleman tent trailer years ago, and I'm pretty sure that's what it had.